GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the verge of purchasing a 2009 SLT and I've been reading quite a bit about the leaks. Just wondering if there's any news on whether GMC has fixed this problem in the '09's and/or whether any '09 owners have been experiencing any leaks.

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
they've fixed the problem by extending the drain tubes.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I agree with Copperhead13 and have not heard of any issues with the 2009 models.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just drove this morning to Chicago Midway airport and back (~100 miles RT) through all kinds of down pours / rain storms there and back (not quite like Houston, mind you) on the interstate and city streets and I had absolutely no water issues.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
:ditto: this should not be an issue on the 2009's.

·
Registered
381 Posts
There hasn't been enough 2009's out to even provide a reasonable data set. My 08 has never leaked and I believe the % or leakers was low (albiet a consistent and traceable problem).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glass 1/2 full said:
Copperhead13 said:
:ditto: this should not be an issue on the 2009's.
:ditto: It has been raining (cats and dogs people, cats and dogs) anyways - raining a LOT and I was very concerned about this for my 09 after reading about the problems here - did a test the first couple of days (couple of hours at a time in the HARD rain) checking often - then left it outside for a night that a HUGE storm came in - remote started the next morning and dry as a bone!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts