GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has had a transmission leak that the dealer couldn't pinpoint? I have had my Acadia 3 weeks and its been at the dealer a week now. They first said it was just a gasket and ordered the part. Of course the part came in wrong and they had to reorder. Now today they tell me that the part that was ordered didn't fix the leak and they are ordering a whole new axle. This has me worried a little. The car only has 1100 miles. I now its a new platform and the mechanics are not as familiar, but I am not interested in being the guinnea pig. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Got Acadia 2-12-07--had no transmission problems--no leaks of any kind.

Best wishes for a "soon fixed" car back in your driveway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bump.

We also had a leaky transmission on the 2008 Acadia. Just under 5000 miles. Very, Very Slight leak - nothing on the garage floor (Oil change guy notified us about it). Took it in, dealer said they found leak, but couldn't pinpoint spot. Wiped it up, told us to come back in following week. They got it on Monday, told us it would be 1 day, tore apart trans, found leaking hose, part on BO. Got the part Thursday, installed, checked it out overnight, got the Acadia back on Friday. So far, so good.

How was your experience? Ever get it repaired?

(Also had Nav display stop working so they replaced Nav system - screen is SO MUCH better than previous version. Installed LockPick and sat in back seat to watch movie - is much better than RSE screen!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's pretty much what we had - nothing on the floor - just a drip hanging off the pan. Like I said, oil change guy had to tell us about it.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
SCACADIA said:
I was wondering if anyone else has had a transmission leak that the dealer couldn't pinpoint? I have had my Acadia 3 weeks and its been at the dealer a week now. They first said it was just a gasket and ordered the part. Of course the part came in wrong and they had to reorder. Now today they tell me that the part that was ordered didn't fix the leak and they are ordering a whole new axle. This has me worried a little. The car only has 1100 miles. I now its a new platform and the mechanics are not as familiar, but I am not interested in being the guinnea pig. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this?
ANY RESULTS ON THIS, What was the fix. ??? ???

I really dislike when people make one post about a problem they had and provide no more information. :sosad:

FILL US IN! :blob:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had mine in for transfer case leak. Leak worse day after repair. Leaking fluid can be tranny fluid and or hypoid gear oil. Moral of the story: dealer needs correct part (there was a mid year change) and needs to order special tools from GM for seal installation. The new seal won't seat properly without the special tools. There are bulletins on this issue available to the dealer.

All ok a month later. Still happy with the Acadia after 15 months.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a slow transmission fluid leak. I guess it is the front right axle seal. Not fixed yet, we will see if it can be fixed right the first time.

Doubt it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts