GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 GMC Acadia that has a leaking sunroof which is causing electrical problems. The battery keeps draining and when the car is shut off the engine keeps running is there any one else that's had this problem.

·
Super Moderator
20,120 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The forum's search tool will get you to numerous posts about that problem. Plug in the proper keywords and read what comes out in the search results. No need to start another thread about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2008 GMC Acadia that has a leaking sunroof which is causing electrical problems. The battery keeps draining and when the car is shut off the engine keeps running is there any one else that's had this problem.
Yes I am having the same problem with my 2009 GMC Acadia but can't get any answer a on how to repair it.

·
Super Moderator
20,120 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have a 2008 and had a leaky sunroof. Determined water was running down the post by the drivers door and causing corrosion in an electrical component house there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is a know issue with them. The sunroof drain tubes on each side that run down the A-Pillar clog up easily. The clog is where they pass through the firewall. You can blow compressed air through them from the opening in the sunroof tray for a temporary cure but long term, remove the plastic dash covers on each side next to the windshield. You can reach in and pull the molded firewall connector loose and pull it off the drain tube, then with scissors or sharp knife cut the little rubber fingers out of the inside of the connector, replace and reinstall in firewall, replace covers, your done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts