1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in to the dealer for:
1. Click/pop in steering.
2. Roof molding improperly installed.
3. Etching sound from windshield glass (grew progressively worse over three weeks).

1. Could not reproduce click/pop. My dealer is being very proactive with this. :thumb:
Service writer said anytime you feel we can reproduce the issue, come in and we'll give you a free rental
no questions asked.
Unfortunatly the problem seems to be most prevalent in the cold, and now it's 65*F.
Great luck for me!
Anyway, at least I know they will stay on top of this, and are not just blowing smoke up my @$$.

2. Roof molding looks great!

3. The glass apparently was installed slightly "off".
It was resting on one of the guide posts, instead of between them.
As I drove more, it loosened the glass, which in turn was rubbing on the metal guide,
causing an etching (scratching) sound.

Apparently GM does not do their own glass, but instead hire independant places to install.
Well I get my car back in the evening, after three days of a rental, and it is dark.
I park the Acadia in the the garage. ;D

Next morning when I take her out, I notice glue drips on my
$60 car seat cover. :sosad:
There is also partially cleaned off glue drips on my dashboard. (I guess they don't use drop cloths anymore). :eek:hno:
Upon closer inspection of the drips on the dashboard, I notice there is a crease/dent in it also. :angryfire:

Apparently they rested the #$%@*&* glass on my dashboard and creased it! :banghead:

To top all of that off, I parked the Acadia outside in the rain, and I discovered I now have a leak from
the newly installed windshield! :angryfire: :banghead: :angryfire: :banghead:

Well, just one of those weeks!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
Went in to the dealer for:
1. Click/pop in steering.
2. Roof molding improperly installed.
3. Etching sound from windshield glass (grew progressively worse over three weeks).

1. Could not reproduce click/pop. My dealer is being very proactive with this. :thumb:
Service writer said anytime you feel we can reproduce the issue, come in and we'll give you a free rental
no questions asked.
Unfortunatly the problem seems to be most prevalent in the cold, and now it's 65*F.
Great luck for me!
Anyway, at least I know they will stay on top of this, and are not just blowing smoke up my @$$.

2. Roof molding looks great!

3. The glass apparently was installed slightly "off".
It was resting on one of the guide posts, instead of between them.
As I drove more, it loosened the glass, which in turn was rubbing on the metal guide,
causing an etching (scratching) sound.

Apparently GM does not do their own glass, but instead hire independant places to install.
Well I get my car back in the evening, after three days of a rental, and it is dark.
I park the Acadia in the the garage. ;D

Next morning when I take her out, I notice glue drips on my
$60 car seat. :sosad:
There is also partially cleaned off glue drips on my dashboard. (I guess they don't use drop cloths anymore). :eek:hno:
Upon closer inspection of the drips on the dashboard, I notice there is a crease/dent in it also. :angryfire:

Apparently they rested the #$%@*&* glass on my dashboard and creased it! :banghead:

To top all of that off, I parked the Acadia outside in the rain, and I discovered I now have a leak from
the newly installed windshield! :angryfire: :banghead: :angryfire: :banghead:

Well, just one of those weeks!
I had 2 pieces of windshield trim changed on my Silverado under warranty at the dealer. Two days later a crack went right across the windshield. I took it back and showed them there was no impact to the glass and it started under the molding. This meant the glass was hit when the molding was changed. They argeed to replace it with no problems. I was told an outside vendor would replace the glass at the dealer. I said I have no problem with that but I want a GM windshield! (I was told aftermarket windshields are slightly thinner and crack real easy.) I waited for the GM windshield.They installed it and I told them not to rush and keep it overnight for the sealer to set. I picked it up the next day (in the rain) no leaks! But the gasket was up a bit but I was told went he sun warmed it up it would go down.(Yea right).I then found the drives side wiper arm bent and all grease ground in to the front bumper cover. They cleaned the cover and replaced the wiper arm. I am living with the gasket because I don't want the windshield installers touch my truck again. I feel your pain! :banghead:

Bobby

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of "shade tree mechanics" :eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Tough luck on that windshield all the way around. I seem to bust 'em on a regular basis around here, so I'm on the Christmas card list with the glass company. I've had the windshields replaced in the Supra, RX-7, and BMW wagon. The wagon for some reason was like a half day job for the guy, and it turned out worse than the other two. I think it may come down to the installer's skill level as well.

Hope they stand by it w/ minimal hassle!

·
Registered
423 Posts
i take care of our fleet and have had many windshields replaced. many bad ones until i found someone who cares about our business and they are great. with every personal windshield on the other hand...leaks and bad molding, blah blah blah :banghead:
no problems with the back glass as of yet :angel:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so they reinstallled the windshield, and no leaks anymore!
Turns out the crease is normally there on the dashboard.
Funny I never noticed it, but the servcie writer showed me it on two other Acadia's.
The crease is on the passanger's side of the dash board.

So all is well!!!!
I got a free oil change for the troubles, although I don't know if I'll use it, as I do them
myself.

Any way situation is resolved, now I just have to hunt down the click/pop in the steering.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
A crease in the dash? Hmmm I will have to check mine later; I would like to see a pic of the manufacturer installed crease

·
Registered
12 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
Ok, so they reinstallled the windshield, and no leaks anymore!
Turns out the crease is normally there on the dashboard.
Funny I never noticed it, but the service writer showed me it on two other Acadia's.

The crease is on the passanger's side of the dash board.

So all is well!!!!
I got a free oil change for the troubles, although I don't know if I'll use it, as I do them
myself.

Any way situation is resolved, now I just have to hunt down the click/pop in the steering.
Me being a moldmaker, I find that hard to believe...Either there is a f-up in the mold/design itself or the molded part is too wide for the finished dimensions of the Acadia itself, creating the crease when being installed in the factory.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
jsimms said:
A crease in the dash? Hmmm I will have to check mine later; I would like to see a pic of the manufacturer installed crease
I don't have a crease in mine even after a 40mph rear end collision :eek:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'd be interested in your click, pop noise. I had that and the dealer couldn't find it. Now the noise has turned to a rubbing noise, like leather. It has gotten progressively more annoying, but it seems it never does it for the service department! I would like to know if yours ends up changing and what they say.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mckcab said:
I'd be interested in your click, pop noise. I had that and the dealer couldn't find it. Now the noise has turned to a rubbing noise, like leather. It has gotten progressively more annoying, but it seems it never does it for the service department! I would like to know if yours ends up changing and what they say.
Do you have more than 1 GM dealer in your area; I have two but I take mine to the dealer where I bought; plus their service center is top notch. My thinking is that possibly a different dealer may be able to diagnose the problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts