GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on removing fine latex paint mist? Neighbor was painting his house. I thought he was far enough away, guess not. I have very fine paint droplets over much of the car. Not really visible except on the glass but the car feels kind of gritty. I quickly washed it with lots of soap and water using a sponge encased in a mesh for extra scrubbing. I think I got most if not all of it off. Any tips for removing the paint spray? Thought of waxing as that sometimes has a bit of grit to it and might remove the remaining drops but feared I would just encase the spray in wax. Should I just keep washing and it will eventually all come off or is there another solution?

·
Registered
264 Posts
The detail shops have some sort of clay stick that you rub on and it will not scratch the paint but removes the overspray. They painted a building where i work and everybody's car got overspray and they brought a guy in to remove the overspray and he used a clay stick it worked great didn't even remove the wax. :thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's a 'clay bar'. You can get them at most/all auto parts stores. It got a bunch of scratches out of my wife's car also.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The clay bar should take care of it. Zaino makes a nice one to use with their detailing spray, but Meguiars has similar products that you can pick up in most discount and auto parts stores.

Make sure you get the detailing spray to use with it, as it acts as a lubricant. Good luck, let us know how it turns out. Erik

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips. I believe good old soap and water has done the trick but I may get the clay bar and go over it again if I notice any more spots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts