GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the Memorial Day incentives have expired, does anyone have information about any new rebates or incentives on '08s? I searched several car-buying info websites and saw rebates ranging from zero to $2000 (for some kind of direct-mail offer) on Acadias. GMC website shows a $500 rebate.

·
Registered
812 Posts
hers a good news for 08 and 09 Acdaia buyers.... as Gm is offering 0% financing for 08 models remaining on dealers lot.

As a possible antidote to the continuing slump in domestic auto sales, General Motors said it will kick off a zero-percent financing sale on Tuesday that includes many of its premium models, such as the Cadillac Escalade and STS. The Detroit automaker also said it is increasing prices by an average of 3.5 percent on its 2009 models.

The new GM sales program, dubbed the "72-Hour Sale," offers buyers zero-percent financing for up to 72 months. It runs through June 30. GM said the new program excludes all 2007 models and 2009 models, all hybrids, and such vehicles as the 2008 Buick Enclave, 2008 Cadillac CTS and 2008 Chevrolet Corvette.[/color]

for more info heres the link --> http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=127615

Check on your local dealers.... :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
SioXie said:
hers a good news for 08 and 09 Acdaia buyers.... as Gm is offering 0% financing for 08 models remaining on dealers lot.
Unfortunately, my understanding is that the Lambdas aren't eligible for the 0% :banghead:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I hope that's right because I just bought one yesterday and there was no talk of 0%. If so the dealer will have some explaining to do.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, the Lambdas are not included in this offer, neither are any of GM's small cars like the Aveo, HHR, etc. This program is meant to move the large inventory of truck and truck based SUVs. NYTimes reports that GM's new 3 row crossovers [which means the Lambdas] are not inclusive of this program.

Mike

·
Registered
812 Posts
So any incentives yet for the 09s or any remaining 08s?

·
Registered
347 Posts
SioXie said:
So any incentives yet for the 09s or any remaining 08s?
I may be wrong, but I'm sure GM is aware of the considerable customer interest in the Lambdas. When you think about the fact that people are still clamoring for the remaining 08's on the lot (the dealer inventory is pretty low in our area), and take into account those who still have pending 08 orders in the production pipeline, you may come up with a projection that might mean a serious potential profit . . . er, increase in sales (sorry). ;)

Just look at the number of satisfied (and not so satisfied) posters on this site. There is a great deal of interest and potential loyality to this relatively new product. GM has not been in business all this time just to squander the chance of turning things around - especially with this type of vehicle. The cross-over category serves those who have issues with high gas prices (SUV's) and don't really want to get into a full truck body (it's the best of both worlds). It certainly will fit my needs (provided that it is ever actually built and is delivered to me; it has few or no problems) in regard to size, style, comfort, appointments, you name it! ;D

The bottom line is: There are a lot of customers out here who (like myself) have ordered an Acadia, sight-unseen, with no real idea what the final price is going to be, but are still very enthusiastic about getting one. Incentives or not, we want one. It's doubtful that GM will have any real incentive to give us any more of an incentive to buy. :(

"Whatever the market will bear . . ." ;)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I just visited the GM Buy Power website (inventory search at http://www.gmbuypower.com/shop.jsp?&regionid=&userType=GMBP ) and for the 2008 Acadia & Outlook, it shows as $1250 cash back available (was $500 last week). The date updated showed as 7-10-08.

UPDATE
After talking to a dealer, it looks like the total incentives are $1,750 due to $500 more for trading in a vehicle. This is in addition to (not in place of) the GM Supplier discount.

This is good through 7-31-08 (vehicle delivery by date).

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just viewed the GM Familyfirst web site and the 08's offer 3,4, and 5 year financing at 5.9% PLUS $750, or a flat $1,250. I don't know about the trade-in allowance. I'm planning on an '09, so I'm guessing that when they arrive they'll offer maybe the $500 we've seen for many months.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
9 Posts
OL_Shopper said:
I just visited the GM Buy Power website (inventory search at http://www.gmbuypower.com/shop.jsp?&regionid=&userType=GMBP ) and for the 2008 Acadia & Outlook, it shows as $1250 cash back available (was $500 last week). The date updated showed as 7-10-08.

UPDATE
After talking to a dealer, it looks like the total incentives are $1,750 due to $500 more for trading in a vehicle. This is in addition to (not in place of) the GM Supplier discount.

This is good through 7-31-08 (vehicle delivery by date).
Great info. I see the same. Time to start looking harder I guess... Care to elaborate more on the $500 for a trade? Any more stipulations? I wonder what the % is if you take the $1250?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
One of the managers I've spoken to said the $500 was initially for 99+ non-GM vehicles but was revised for any "trade" and so long as you had a registration/proof of insurance etc. you could get the $500 w/o even trading the vehicle.

The finance/lease stuff I've seen all shows 5.9% on the finance, not really all that stellar in my opinion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just found good news for some of us...read states that qualify in small print. Found on the gm.com website under regional incentives.. :thumb:

For Cash Allowance or APR, take new retail delivery by 07/31/2008. For Bonus Cash, take new retail delivery by 07/31/2008.1

Last updated 07/14/2008 For qualified buyers,
APR as low as 2.9% Plus Bonus Cash Or Total Cash Allowances**
36 mo. 48 mo. 60 mo.

GMC Acadia 2.9% 2.9% 2.9% - Plus $750 Or $1250

(1) Offers available only to residents of AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY and select counties of CO, KS, NE, ND, SD, NM and TX. See dealer for details. Offers not compatible with most other offers.

(2) For 0.0% APR, monthly payment for every $1000 you finance is $27.78 for 36 months; $20.83 for 48 months; $16.67 for 60 months; $13.89 for 72 months. For 1.9% APR, monthly payment for every $1000 you finance is $28.60 for 36 months; $21.65 for 48 months; $17.48 for 60 months. For 2.9% APR, monthly payment for every $1000 you finance is $29.04 for 36 months; $22.09 for 48 months; $17.92 for 60 months. For 3.9% APR, monthly payment for every $1000 you finance is $29.48 for 36 months; $22.53 for 48 months; $18.37 for 60 months. For 5.9% APR, monthly payment for every $1000 you finance is $30.38 for 36 months; $23.44 for 48 months; $19.29 for 60 months. For 6.9% APR, monthly payment for every $1000 you finance is $30.83 for 36 months; $23.90 for 48 months; $19.75 for 60 months. Example down payment is 12%. Length of contract limited. See dealer for details.

(3) The Saturn Customer Choice Allowance and Bonus Cash must be used as a down payment assistance toward the purchase of the vehicle. Bonus cash offer can be combined with APR.

(*) Down Payment Assistance. Must be used towards the purchase of a vehicle.

(**) Includes Bonus Cash and Down Payment Assistance. Must be used towards the purchase of a vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.