GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
660 Posts
They lose me as an Acadia customer by dropping silver as an exterior color. They further lose me if they decide to go back to the bigger size. No longer need a vehicle that size.

Due to CAFE standards, I don't see a V8 ever being an option. If that is important, just buy a Tahoe.
Completely agree in regards to the silver, I love mine and couldn’t see me choosing a different color so I may be moving on as well. I could deal with a little bit bigger but not to much, really just near a little more rear cargo space when the 3rd row is up.
As far as the V8 goes, don’t need it just want it. If I wanted a Tahoe I would have simply bought another one but I didn’t the gigantic auto any longer. I love my Acadia and just like the idea of a ridiculously fast and loud model that I could buy if I so chose to do so and I would so chose to!! :). We all like what we like and I’m just not ready to be completely responsible in all aspects of my life!!;)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Completely agree in regards to the silver, I love mine and couldn’t see me choosing a different color so I may be moving on as well. I could deal with a little bit bigger but not to much, really just near a little more rear cargo space when the 3rd row is up.
As far as the V8 goes, don’t need it just want it. If I wanted a Tahoe I would have simply bought another one but I didn’t the gigantic auto any longer. I love my Acadia and just like the idea of a ridiculously fast and loud model that I could buy if I so chose to do so and I would so chose to!! :). We all like what we like and I’m just not ready to be completely responsible in all aspects of my life!!;)
There is always the 700 HP Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. :) For a little bit less money/HP there is the 475 HP Durango SRT.

I understand the need to be irresponsible every now and again.

·
Registered
660 Posts
There is always the 700 HP Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. :) For a little bit less money/HP there is the 475 HP Durango SRT.

I understand the need to be irresponsible every now and again.
I had a Jeep and a Durango years ago And didn’t care for either one. I am secretly hiding money and building husband point with the wife so I can get a new Vette next year!! That’ll keep my wallet more than busy for a few years!! :)

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
660 Posts
Excellent choice
I absolutely love the new vette. I have always wanted to own a super car and I am getting to a place in life where it may actually be a possibility. Now a Ferrari California is a beautiful car but the upkeep is not worth it, same goes for the Audi R8. The C8 is priced reasonably and its absolutely beautiful, Chevy hit a homerun with this one. Divotdug, what is your favorite color combo and trim on the C8?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I absolutely love the new vette. I have always wanted to own a super car and I am getting to a place in life where it may actually be a possibility. Now a Ferrari California is a beautiful car but the upkeep is not worth it, same goes for the Audi R8. The C8 is priced reasonably and its absolutely beautiful, Chevy hit a homerun with this one. Divotdug, what is your favorite color combo and trim on the C8?
I agree. I liked the C5 (drove a C5Z daily for years), the C6, and now the C8 really came together. The C8's gotta be black (maybe dark blue) for me, but that's me.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I wish there was an Acadia equivalent of the Explorer ST and Durango SRT. I suppose it doesn't fit in to the intended Acadia market though.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I agree. I liked the C5 (drove a C5Z daily for years), the C6, and now the C8 really came together. The C8's gotta be black (maybe dark blue) for me, but that's me.
I agree with the black, just looks super sleek!
I wish there was an Acadia equivalent of the Explorer ST and Durango SRT. I suppose it doesn't fit in to the intended Acadia market though.
Yes indeed it would be nice! I have a question for you.... Can they put a rear wheel drive system in the Acadia with the engine and trans lay out the way it is? Longitudal I think its called, or would they have to change the whole set up?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I'd like a silver on black convertible with the 3LT trim. Might consider the Z51 option but would first want to test drive one with that option. My '84 has the Z51 option and it does make for a harsher ride.

Have not yet had a chance to sit in a C8. My tired, old body would love to see how easy it is to get in and out of a C8.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yes indeed it would be nice! I have a question for you.... Can they put a rear wheel drive system in the Acadia with the engine and trans lay out the way it is? Longitudal I think its called, or would they have to change the whole set up?
It seems like it would be tight in the engine bay to go from transverse to longitudinal. There's already a driveshaft for the AWD, but I don't know about room for the trans.

Just need to find a little room for a turbo. And transmission upgrade. And maybe the rest of the driveline. Oh, forget it! :)

Reactions: Jmbjr0930

·
Registered
909 Posts
It seems like it would be tight in the engine bay to go from transverse to longitudinal. There's already a driveshaft for the AWD, but I don't know about room for the trans.
Just need to find a little room for a turbo. And transmission upgrade. And maybe the rest of the driveline. Oh, forget it! :)
Wider tires, different package name for the evil that lurks under the hood...

Reactions: Jmbjr0930

·
Registered
2,637 Posts

Could get creative and go with rear mounted turbos. Have seen those on a Caddy CTS-V.

·
Super Moderator
20,120 Posts
Could get creative and go with rear mounted turbos. Have seen those on a Caddy CTS-V.
Someone posted pics of that style turbo upgrade on an Acadia in this forum many years ago. Bet a good search could get anyone to that thread , unless it got turned into an inaccessible one during the many forum software upgrades.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Acadia SLT FWD V6
593 Posts
Oh the humor. Yall remember back when I mentioned putting turbos on the Acadia and making a modern day Typhoon? Yeah, I got a lot of flack for that saying the vehicle isnt meant for that, buy a sports car, blah blah blah. And now, its a hot topic. What changed? Oh, someone else thought of it. Noted.

My suggestion is to leave the platform as it is. Why reinvent the wheel when it already turns? Simply build the motor with forged internals, rebuild the trans and transfer case to handle the power, change the converter, upgrade the half shafts, and put a single turbo on it making @ 12psi. You will have a reliable, dependable, stupidly fast AWD acadia. I would NOT do it to a FWD model though. I would guesstimate output to be around 600 on pump gas. Possibly 650 running e85. And you can get it all done for about $12,000 or so, depending on how tough you build the motor.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Oh the humor. Yall remember back when I mentioned putting turbos on the Acadia and making a modern day Typhoon? Yeah, I got a lot of flack for that saying the vehicle isnt meant for that, buy a sports car, blah blah blah. And now, its a hot topic. What changed? Oh, someone else thought of it. Noted.

My suggestion is to leave the platform as it is. Why reinvent the wheel when it already turns? Simply build the motor with forged internals, rebuild the trans and transfer case to handle the power, change the converter, upgrade the half shafts, and put a single turbo on it making @ 12psi. You will have a reliable, dependable, stupidly fast AWD acadia. I would NOT do it to a FWD model though. I would guesstimate output to be around 600 on pump gas. Possibly 650 running e85. And you can get it all done for about $12,000 or so, depending on how tough you build the motor.
Looks like I found my engineer! Builder, anyone?? ;) At that cost I’m still below a Trackhack by 30k!! Could you imagine the look on the faces when you turned it loose!!! Priceless!

·
Super Moderator
20,120 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
The doubters on this forum grows daily. Keep it coming!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'll play devil's advocate just to contradict myself. I know there are forged internals for the 3.6, and the turbo is just a packaging issue. Where can I get a higher stall converter and half shafts?

I tend to lean toward factory built for daily drivers since a major power upgrade seems to turn into "find the next weakest link", which isn't fun when you have to get to work.

Can you provide the project where you went from 300 HP to 600 with a turbo setup on a daily driver and what issues you ran into?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Haven't done the build yet, nobody has, but I know where to get the parts from and what shops can do this level of work.

For a converter I would go with yank or coan, as they build custom applications. For the half shafts, I would go with driveshaft shop, as they are built to handle 1200 hp each!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts