·
Super Moderator
20,026 Posts
Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
2020 GMC Acadia SLT FWD V6
539 Posts
Although, the best thing about the '21 model is the Elevation Edition, especially if you get it in black. Roof rails, front grille, door trim, basically ALL the chrome is blacked out, and it looks HOT!

1599923985516.png 1599924008534.png 1599924037262.png

·
Registered
867 Posts
Although I have never been a chrome guy, and always liked blacked cars (not all cars apply, but my Z06 was full on black), I think the black out doesn't really suit the Acadia.

Reactions: SpartyOn

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Lot's of choices and lot's of places to see pictures of the 2020 and 2021 models.
Also, the other websites mentioned and GM Authority will often have highlights of what additions or deletions were made for the newest model year.
If OP is interested in the changes for 2021, here is a pretty complete list - - 2021 GMC Acadia Changes, Updates, New Features

·
Registered
283 Posts
...especially if you get it in black. Roof rails, front grille, door trim, basically ALL the chrome is blacked out, and it looks HOT!
Only if you happen to like blacked out vehicles - which I detest. To me they look like something put together by someone with no sense of style, originality or creativity. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Acadia SLT FWD V6
539 Posts
My dad loves chrome but me, at 46, can't stand it. Now on the other hand, I can't stand black wheels. Ah well, be nice to see how many they sell with that package.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
609 Posts
My dad loves chrome but me, at 46, can't stand it. Now on the other hand, I can't stand black wheels. Ah well, be nice to see how many they sell with that package.
They need to update those black wheels, they are the same ones available from the 2019 blacked out model and they looked horrible then and still do. IMO

·
Registered
79 Posts
I traded my 2018 for a 2020. There is nothing compelling about 2021 over the 2020 model.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I traded my 2018 for a 2020. There is nothing compelling about 2021 over the 2020 model.
Agree. Either you like the 20/21 more than the 17-19, or you don't.
Only thing, buying a newer year in general pays off down the road (selling/trading a 21 vs 20).

·
Registered
609 Posts
I’m not aware of any changes from the 20 to 21 model except for some color packages. Haven’t gone super in depth with research but haven’t heard of anything crazy coming in 21.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thanks JT, there are actually a lot of little goodies coming in 2021 that are nice options to have inside. I did read that the 2024 may be growing in size. I wish they would consider adding a V8 to the line up. At 310 HP this truck is no slouch but us HP freaks would love it to have a nice grumble to give the chills when picking up the weekly groceries! ;)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Thanks JT, there are actually a lot of little goodies coming in 2021 that are nice options to have inside. I did read that the 2024 may be growing in size. I wish they would consider adding a V8 to the line up. At 310 HP this truck is no slouch but us HP freaks would love it to have a nice grumble to give the chills when picking up the weekly groceries! ;)
They lose me as an Acadia customer by dropping silver as an exterior color. They further lose me if they decide to go back to the bigger size. No longer need a vehicle that size.

Due to CAFE standards, I don't see a V8 ever being an option. If that is important, just buy a Tahoe.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts