GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Long time reader, first time poster. I have a Nissan lease ending in June and it looks like the Acadia is the front-runner for our next family hauler. I would like to order to ensure that we have a vehicle available when the Nissan lease ends. Does anyone know what the latest date is to order an '08?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
The 2008 Model Build-Out hasn't been updated (the last one I have access to was updated Dec. 11, '07) to include the Acadia yet, but it's usually around late April.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Just an update...

The last day to order 2008 Acadias is April 4, 2008 with production build-out on June 13th. 2009 order banks open April 17th with production start-up on June 16th.

·
Registered
812 Posts
GeoHawk said:
Just an update...

The last day to order 2008 Acadias is April 4, 2008 with production build-out on June 13th. 2009 order banks open April 17th with production start-up on June 16th.
Any info regarding the 09? Mine will be arriving on the last week of Feb. Thats a month shy for the 09. Should i have waited a bit longer? :-[

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Nothing I've seen on the '09s yet.

·
Registered
339 Posts
SioXie said:
Any info regarding the 09? Mine will be arriving on the last week of Feb. Thats a month shy for the 09. Should i have waited a bit longer? :-[
Actually, it would be more than just a month shy of being able to get your hands on an 09 according to the dates GeoHawk reported as production wouldn't start until the middle of June, so it would likely be the beginning of July why you might actually be able to get your hands on the first 09s. Does that comfort you any more? ;D :cheers:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Kloogee said:
SioXie said:
Actually, it would be more than just a month shy of being able to get your hands on an 09 according to the dates GeoHawk reported as production wouldn't start until the middle of June, so it would likely be the beginning of July why you might actually be able to get your hands on the first 09s. Does that comfort you any more? ;D :cheers:
i dont think so, as i would still be having an 08. :-[ as long as theres no major changes, im ok with it. as my 3rd child will be arriving this April, i could not wait for july to grab an 09.

·
Registered
284 Posts
keeferb said:
From what I've been reading, the '09 will have the updated V6.
Yes, as discussed in the main thread, the Direct Injection 3.6L across the Lambda line standard, as well as new interior center stacks (the main control center of the dash) with the new integrated design (instead of visibly separate radio & HVAC pods, all one big flowing piece), optional cooled seats, and a few other minor things. Nothing has yet been published, but a few people on the net had seen the GM plans and then last week dealers noticed that they had put all the 2009 Chevy Traverse (Chevy Lambda) details, features, options, etc. in the Dealerworld system.

Still 2 more months to order a 2008, then the cutoff, and a bit after that, the order banks open for 2009's which start rolling off the line in June and hitting dealers by early July. Full and correct information on the changes should be published next month, when GM updates the ordering guides.

·
Registered
96 Posts
09 likely = updated v6 (+11hp, improved MPG) bluetooth, cooled front seats, rear backup camera option without needing nav, nav with traffic. the traverse photos seem to imply the a/c stack is still seperate from nav so i am not sure if that is changing as a previous poster said.

·
Registered
812 Posts
canyonblue737 said:
09 likely = updated v6 (+11hp, improved MPG) bluetooth, cooled front seats, rear backup camera option without needing nav, nav with traffic. the traverse photos seem to imply the a/c stack is still seperate from nav so i am not sure if that is changing as a previous poster said.
:mad: should have wait a little while.... :(

·
Registered
96 Posts
cars are like electronics, something is always around the bend that is better... and more expensive. be sure that the sticker is going up on '09s and don't doubt the 10's will be better yet...

i wish my on order acadia had the bluetooth but i need the car now (put it off forever and now finally baby #2 in april is saying i have to take action) and i'll try not to let my enjoyment of it be less because of a few features i could have had if i waited nearly 1/2 a year or more extra.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I agree canyonblue737!! If I would have waited another year, I could have some new feature! But that will always be the case. I have had mine now and have been enjoying it!!! I have an '08, and if all goes as planned, it won't be until 2016 until I am even thinking about another one. :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
GAR said:
I agree canyonblue737!! If I would have waited another year, I could have some new feature! But that will always be the case. I have had mine now and have been enjoying it!!! I have an '08, and if all goes as planned, it won't be until 2016 until I am even thinking about another one. :)
im in the same situation as well, could not wait for the 09 as my 3rd child will be coming this April. I would have love to see the new features in the Chevy Trasverse (cooled seats,back up cam w/o nav,bluetooth) in the 09 Acadia. I just wish the backup cam can be a dealer installed option so i can just upgrade anytime.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
inexpensive aftermarket cams ($200 or well less) are available and easy to install, the forums here have multiple threads on it.

congrats on your new baby... when ours comes in april we will have a girl and now a boy so i think that's it. very excited about the car and more importantly my expanding family. :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.