GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When a seventeen year old male says " Wow your new car is SICK " what does that mean?
Just wondering about the "new" language these days.

Silver SLT-1, roof, xm, trailer, ebony inside.

·
Registered
126 Posts
debates said:
When a seventeen year old male says " Wow your new car is SICK " what does that mean?
Just wondering about the "new" language these days.
Sick = Cool, awesome, totally Rad. Another word you may hear that means the same is "Tight".

·
Registered
360 Posts
lol, this thread is sick! And is Off-Topic....

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
And I deal with this every day. I have a 15 year old, a 16 year old and an 18 year old. ::) At what point do they grow out of being a teenager?

Kelly

·
Registered
458 Posts
kjf said:
And I deal with this every day. I have a 15 year old, a 16 year old and an 18 year old. ::) At what point do they grow out of being a teenager?

Kelly
Wow...all I can picture is trying to pay for college for three kids all at once. That makes my stomach turn.

·
Registered
215 Posts
fenwah said:
kjf said:

Kelly
Wow...all I can picture is trying to pay for college for three kids all at once. That makes my stomach turn.
yeah. that's the OTHER kinda sick ::)

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
fenwah said:
kjf said:

Kelly
Right now I'm just focusing on getting them through High School and into college. :-\

Kelly

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
kjf said:

Kelly
around 20 :p

·
Registered
523 Posts
kjf said:
Right now I'm just focusing on getting them through High School and into college. :-\

Kelly
I bet you still say Groovy don't ya. 8) So it's not that your kids are immature or that they'll ever grow up, they're just using some new words (that you don't get, you know being old and all) that I bet they use for the rest of their lives. Here's a little translation for you I think you will get.
When you were a kid you would say Dude your car is so like groovy, now it's hey that is one sick ride. Anyways just thought I'd raze you a little since I'm only 10 years removed from being a teenager. By the way when do kids start wiping there own @$$ because if I have to do this much longer I'm going on a permanent golf vacation ::)

·
Registered
28 Posts
coloradoGM said:
By the way when do kids start wiping there own @$$ because if I have to do this much longer I'm going on a permanent golf vacation ::)
Just a word of warning....there is the point where they wipe their own @$$es, and then the (later) point when they wipe them well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just a word of warning....there is the point where they wipe their own @$$es, and then the (later) point when they wipe them well.

Amen to that!!!

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Thankfully my 15 year old doesn't use words like "sick" to describe something cool. He'll just use the word "cool". In our household, "that's sick" means something is gross or disgusting and usually references something one of our dogs is doing. :p

He did use the word "gnar" for a while, short for gnarly. But I managed to get him out of that pretty quick by using it myself. heh ;D

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Luckily, my son just yells incoherently right now. He is 1 yr old. The most he says is Mama, Dada and my favorite "HHHEEYYYYY!!!"

·
Registered
182 Posts
The Urban Dictionary site is pretty cool........and useful too. I staff alot of teens in the summers, and now I know what some of them are talking about.

Although, many times I've found myself wishing I was still ignorant...............

·
Registered
18 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Luckily, my son just yells incoherently right now. He is 1 yr old. The most he says is Mama, Dada and my favorite "HHHEEYYYYY!!!"
I just got my (almost) 2 y/o son to say "Sweeeeet" when something goes right! Unfortunately (or un/appropriately), he used it when he saw a new girl toddler at day-care. :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts