GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: Just purchased 2017 GMC Acadia Denali. Many, many, gadgets. Learning slow but sales associate is very helpful except for this issue, if it is one. On my '14 Terrain, I had a setting that when I crossed center line or drifted of the right side of the road, I received 3 beeps alerting me. I also had the front collision set that slowed and braked with a verbal warning. I cannot seem to figure out how to activate both of these options, if they ARE available on my '17. I looked, the associate looked. I have searched the web. I do get the small icons for both options in the DIC. Both lights are on the option buttons on the console. I am assuming I have am missing a setting, not the same option as my '14, or ??? ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
TJ

·
Super Moderator
19,318 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Hope someone here can help you. Instruction should be in the manual. Whether or not you have a feature may depend on the vehicle's factory option package.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello: Just purchased 2017 GMC Acadia Denali. Many, many, gadgets. Learning slow but sales associate is very helpful except for this issue, if it is one. On my '14 Terrain, I had a setting that when I crossed center line or drifted of the right side of the road, I received 3 beeps alerting me. I also had the front collision set that slowed and braked with a verbal warning. I cannot seem to figure out how to activate both of these options, if they ARE available on my '17. I looked, the associate looked. I have searched the web. I do get the small icons for both options in the DIC. Both lights are on the option buttons on the console. I am assuming I have am missing a setting, not the same option as my '14, or ??? ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
TJ
You access the settings through the DIC.where the oil change percent and tire psi are

·
Super Moderator
19,318 Posts
Thank you. I will give that a try. I was trying to change settings through the vehicle settings where the radio info is displayed.
Things you need should be under the heading "vehicle personalization" in the owner's manual. Look for that in the index.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I thought on the '17 those items were standard with the Denali trim.

On my CTS Caddy each of those functions had a button somewhere on the dash or console to turn them on and off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello: I am able to turn/off form their buttons on the console. My issue is that the icons appear in the DIC, but if I travel off the r/s or the center line, nothing appears to happen. Someone said that they change color. That doesn't seem to help much. There has to be a setting that enables the 3 beeps just like the collision alert when u get too close. If I go to settings, I check the collision alert and the lane change for alert. Nothing. my sale associate is stumped. I have to have those features on the Denali version. As stated earlier, traded in a '14 Terrain and it had both features that worked perfectly. It is not a major issue, but if the option is there, why can't I get the audible alerts!!!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Hello: I am able to turn/off form their buttons on the console. My issue is that the icons appear in the DIC, but if I travel off the r/s or the center line, nothing appears to happen. Someone said that they change color. That doesn't seem to help much. There has to be a setting that enables the 3 beeps just like the collision alert when u get too close. If I go to settings, I check the collision alert and the lane change for alert. Nothing. my sale associate is stumped. I have to have those features on the Denali version. As stated earlier, traded in a '14 Terrain and it had both features that worked perfectly. It is not a major issue, but if the option is there, why can't I get the audible alerts!!!
On my CTS, when they were off, they were off. When they were on there were personalization settings to toggle between sound and/or vibrating the driver's seat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On my CTS, when they were off, they were off. When they were on there were personalization settings to toggle between sound and/or vibrating the driver's seat.
Hello: I have all that. I can toggle on/off form the console. I see the icons in the DIC. They don't change. There are no audible alerts. I cant even find the setting to change from audible to the safety seat. Again, my sales associate is trying to tell me that I need certain speed etc. All I want it to do is what it is supposed to do. Im not sure If there is a sensor out. a setting off. ALl I have to compare to is my '14 terrain. was very simple, the lane change and the front end collision was very audible with 3 beeps and flashing icons. I would even be happy with the seat vibration. cant find that even in the owners manual. went to the dealer today and verbally told them "I hate the car." someone has to know if I have this option, which I cant believe that the denali package doesn't have it or if the option is NOT on this car, ill be fine with that... not sure where to turn to

·
Registered
193 Posts
my sales associate is trying to tell me that I need certain speed etc.
In that regard he's correct. The LKA/LDW only works above 37MPH.

From the '19 manual (I assume the '17 is the same) -

LKA uses a
camera to detect lane markings
between 60 km/h (37 mph) and
180 km/h (112 mph).
Also, per the owners manual, it will not work if the system detects that the driver is actively steering. So if you're intentionally steering out of the lane to test the system no warnings will be triggered.

The LKA system will not
assist or provide an LDW alert if it
detects that you are actively
steering.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In that regard he's correct. The LKA/LDW only works above 37MPH.

From the '19 manual (I assume the '17 is the same) -

Also, per the owners manual, it will not work if the system detects that the driver is actively steering. So if you're intentionally steering out of the lane to test the system no warnings will be triggered.
The sales associate and I did read that and I understand that. I am comparing the '14 Terrain and this Acadia so I can understand the difference. Perhaps the newer system is more sensitive. I know in the Terrain, I could literally drive off the left or center line and get the audible alert every time so maybe there is a tweek on the new one. Guess I will have to "live" with it. Wasn't that big of a deal. If I find where I can change the alert to the safety seat, I wont get any vibrations in the seat that I didn't get audibly. To get the vibration in the seat alert, do I go to the vehicle section and change beeps to seat? And, the icons in the DIC should at least flash like the manual says? Im old, too much tech!!! Thank you for all of your excellent assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts