• Cars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUV's

• CUV's

• Trucks

• Beaters (cars, SUV's, trucks, vans, etc.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone cares, but just for fun, I thought I'd document how many Lambda vehicles I see at my daughter's elementary school picking up, or just parked, as far as I know just by observing:

Outlook: 2 for sure I know of (one parent (could be grandparent actually), one faculty)
Acadia: 1 or 2 (parents) (one is a 2009 silver green)
Enclave 2 (mine)(the other is a wdt, owned by faculty)
Traverse: 1 (a nice cyber gray Traverse, which may be a faculty, cause it's parked in the lot)

I'm going to go one further, and update this next time I drive (our friends usually drive our daughter, but about a few times a month, I drive) what other vehicles I see in the Mom/Dad pick-up lane/lots. Next time, I'm going to take paper and pen (why? cause I'm bored sitting there), and jot down what all the other types of vehicles are. All I know from today is, there were 3 dark red Luminas (cars) pull in, two had trailer hitches, which is not common on Luminas (kids must get confused what car to go to!) There are a lot of mini-vans (of course), mostly Dodge/Chrysler, and Chevy, a few beater cars, and older SUV's. I'll put down more specifics later. There are some newer cars, like Malibus (not the most recent version), and Ford Explorers/Expeditions. I know, I have too much time, or too much boredom, but think it will be neat to see it all down, and see what's most popular with the parents these days.

·
Registered
614 Posts
There are two black Outlooks in the elementary school parking lot, one of which was bought because the family liked our Acadia and needed something to two a small trailer and their two kids.
As far as getting into the wrong car, there were two red luminas at our church and sometimes the owners would get into the wrong one.
Not sure if it's related, but someone driving a red car ran into my van in the church parking lot, while I was inside teaching a class. It left a big red streak on the vans bumper. I do hope they stopped at confession since they didn't stop to leave me a note.

·
Registered
423 Posts
two faculty at our school and my wifes. we were the first ones, setting the trend...oh yah!

·
Registered
423 Posts
At our school I have seen 2 Acadias (ours and one from another parent) and 1 Enclave (looks like a kids grandparent).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Chop-Chop said:
(looks like a kids grandparent).
Looks can be deceiving, I turn 61 in February and drop my 12 yr. old off at middle school every day.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
No "beaters" at our school. 3 Acadias, 1 Enclave and 1 Outlook, 3 Bentleys, 4 AMG Mercs, and a pizza van!

·
Registered
423 Posts
compared to the bentleys and amg's, your acadia is a "beater" ;D

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Our kid was home schooled the last years, so I guess it would be:
1x Acadia
1x Durango
1x Trans Am
2x BMW 5 series* (1 of 2)
1x Daytona
1x Supra*
1x RX7*
1x 280Z*
2x Corvairs

The Challenger arrives next week. ;D

*And hey, there's nothing wrong with a beater... especially if it has a Chevy V8 in it!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Schram said:
compared to the bentleys and amg's, your acadia is a "beater" ;D
Yeah, I know! I had a complex until I realized my "cadia" could take any of them out!! I am proud of my little wrong side of the ocean bully with its black eye (crack in shield) and handmade scratched tats on its side (A's missing!)

What is kinda funny is that my son goes to private school and the cars are no where near as nice as the ones in the public school. Blues school seems more well rounded and down to earth. Do you offer shop classes?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Since the A is missing, now is your chance to own the first true "Arcadia" if you can find the right size/finish "r" when you put the A back on. Wonder how many would notice?

No shop classes here- "our" kid did not inherit "my" VNA (vehicle DNA). About all I can get out of them is pumping brake/clutch pedals when I have to bleed hydraulics. :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hey, that's a great idea! I had the first Acadia in my 'hood, I can be a trend setter and have the first Arcadia. Wonder if I could get some $$ for naming rights? Oops, forgot there's no $$.

Did you make your son take basic repairs? My dad did before I could get my license. He can't even change his own oil, but he wanted to make sure no garage messed with his baby. I can't tell you how much fun it was to be the one in the family that always had to drop off the cars to get fixed. I admire you, there's nothing like the vroom of a good engine!

·
Registered
423 Posts
mckcab said:
Hey, that's a great idea! I had the first Acadia in my 'hood, I can be a trend setter and have the first Arcadia. Wonder if I could get some $$ for naming rights? Oops, forgot there's no $$.
funny, i laughed.
i would rather spend my money on my kids education than a tricked out car like the private schoolers. our private schools around here though are no better than our public, plus, i somehow pay 1800 dollars for my kids to go to public schools, how stupid is that.

·
Registered
423 Posts
that 1800 is for each kid...i have two going to school.

·
Registered
912 Posts
We have a Saturn Otlook that one of the teachers at our kids school drives and then there is our Acadia so there are only 2 of them for our school.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a silly question. What exactly is a "Lamda" and where did that term come from? I'm guessing it means SUV/mini van type vehicle, but I just wanted to see why they are called "Lamda's".

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
The majority of parents are in SUVs while the teachers all appear in sedans.

What is the connection there? Are teachers not parents - yet?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Teachers are parents; I just think that most are older and their children are grown so they revert back to sedans

·
Registered
423 Posts
jsimms said:
Teachers are parents; I just think that most are older and their children are grown so they revert back to sedans
its more like parents are teachers. just some parents dont realize it and dont notice what their kids are doing or saying :-\

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
That seems to be kind of a negative response; I know what my kids are doing, but that's me and I see your point

1 - 20 of 21 Posts