GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using any vehicle forum for research or diagnosis it becomes very easy to begin thinking the vehicle you have is junk. This is primarily due to the fact that most forum members are owners having problems with their vehicle. The owners not having problems are probably busily researching and realizing their LG refrigerator is junk.

Look at total production numbers for a product and compare that with complaints to get a better perspective on the quality of any platform.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
It is nice to see a positive post for a change. Yes, you are very correct. Many, if not most, people visit a forum to learn about how to fix a problem. Seldom do we see a new poster join to just say, "hey, look how good my Acadia is."

George

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Admittedly mine has problems which I expected when I bought it. However, I bought it because of how it looks, drives, and the low entry height my wife needs. The running boards help her a lot.

I'll be upside down in it by the time I finish with the preventative work I plan to do. However I don't expect to grab a wrench again for quite a while afterwards. Who knows, if they keep downsizing the Yukon, Acadia may look like the bigger brother. LOL

·
Registered
350 Posts
Who knows, if they keep downsizing the Yukon, Acadia may look like the bigger brother. LOL
Huh... what?

The Yukon is bigger than ever. The longest wheelbase and most cargo volume its ever had. Whereas they shrunk the Acadia considerably from the Lambda platform.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I swore it shrunk. It looks a lot smaller than the 2016 Tahoe my stepdaughter has.

I was referring to the older Acadias re size. The newer ones have certainly gotten smaller. My wife and I saw a newer one parked next to us yesterday. The rear hatch was flush with the bumper. I almost mistook it for a Terrain.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My A/C clutch went out on my 2012 and the mechanic wanted to know if I wanted to sell it. I said, "No thanks". Continues to be a great vehicle for me and can't find another vehicle that compares for it's look, size, utility, & towing capacity.

Reactions: Donk

·
Registered
2020 Acadia Denali, Ultimate Package, Technology Package, Towing Package, White Frist Tricoat
16 Posts
It is nice to see a positive post for a change. Yes, you are very correct. Many, if not most, people visit a forum to learn about how to fix a problem. Seldom do we see a new poster join to just say, "hey, look how good my Acadia is."

George
Please allow mw to introduce myself. I am the happy owner of a 2020 Acadia Denali and would like to say "Look how good my Acadia is"!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts