GMC Acadia Forum banner

LAM Dealer Contribution???? HELP!

5K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  JohnFitz 
#1 ·
I've seen invoice pricing on the Acadia through costco and edmunds. My dealer has added two lines to the invoice --

LAM dealer contribution -- $454
LAM group contribution -- $363

From googling the terms, these appear to be marketing and advertising mark-ups. Did you Acadia owners have these on your invoice? Are they negotiable? I don't like the idea of adding $800 to the invoice!

#2 ·
JacsMommy said:
I've seen invoice pricing on the Acadia through costco and edmunds. My dealer has added two lines to the invoice --

LAM dealer contribution -- $454
LAM group contribution -- $363

From googling the terms, these appear to be marketing and advertising mark-ups. Did you Acadia owners have these on your invoice? Are they negotiable? I don't like the idea of adding $800 to the invoice!
I didn't like it either.....but there's a place on Edmunds that talks about these markups. Most of my local dealerships had them, and yes they were right on the invoice. It's an advertising/marketing fund collected by GM.

#4 ·
luvmyacadia said:
Never saw those items. Had I seen them I would have told the dealer what they could do with them.

(and I was at 4 different dealerships in the Los Angeles area)
I think it is region specific. They do show up here in the Minneapolis area.

#7 ·
all the dealers around here (that I went to) also had it. It's probably regional.

#8 ·
It stands for "Local Area Marketing" This is a way for the dealerships pay for commercial airtime, advertising, billboards, etc.

#9 ·
Mine were waived from the invoice. Shouldbe are $400 in NY.

#10 ·
Here's what Edmunds.com has to say about advertising charges:

Advertising fees: Sometimes buyers look up invoice prices on Edmunds and find they don't match the invoice price given by a dealer. Is the dealer trying to put one over on the buyer? Not necessarily. This is probably because an advertising fee is involved. If an advertising fee is listed on the car's invoice we consider it a legitimate fee that should be paid. However, if the advertising fee is written into the buying contract by the dealer it is another example of a dealer trying to pass along his expense to the buyer.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/117494/article.html

#11 ·
Boltbacker said:
It stands for "Local Area Marketing" This is a way for the dealerships pay for commercial airtime, advertising, billboards, etc.
If you ask me, I'd say that is a cost of doing business and shouldn't be passed on directly to the customer. What's next,
a pro-rated portion of the dealer's power bill being slapped on each invoice?? :angryfire:

#12 ·
Anyone know if they try to tack on these LAM costs to supplier pricing? I thought that through supplier pricing, that the cost of the car was the cost of the car. Except tax, tag, and title, should I expect other charges to show up on the invoice?? :eek:hno:

#13 ·
GAgirl said:
Anyone know if they try to tack on these LAM costs to supplier pricing? I thought that through supplier pricing, that the cost of the car was the cost of the car. Except tax, tag, and title, should I expect other charges to show up on the invoice?? :eek:hno:
Don't know about supplier pricing, but the dealer waived it for my order, which was placed throught the fleet desk.

Kelly

#14 ·
GAgirl said:
Supplier price is a separate line on the invoice, and from what I recall it does NOT include a LAM contribution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.