GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im actually in the process of purchasing one from any of the 3 dealers here in Lake county, IN. Sadly only one is a bit more accomodating as the other two are still having the 'big head issue" as they're riding high on the Acadia's success that its either their price (MSRP) or bust!!! and with the low inventories, i have to have mine built to order --- SLT 2 trim with all the options except for Nav, sunroof and Trailering package. Msrp = $40470, invoice = $37890, my offer $38500.

i never experience having to negotiate this hard for a vehicle, putting matter worst the only incentives right now is the Conquest rebates for $500 and a 5.9% (60 mos.) APR if you went thru dealer financing. the one dealer i went thru tried to play innocent about the Conquest rebates and said "...never heard such thing..."

If anyone of you guys lived in or near Lake County, IN please give info where you buoght your Acadia and your sale experiences in any of the 3 GMC dealers in our area. Thanks!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
SioXie - That sucks!!! I'm out here in the DC area and I got flat invoice as a starting point with the rebates and discounts off that. Your offer is a good one in my opinion. Good Luck!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
These guys are a joke then. Maybe you need to look beyond your immediate area with these *$*#( then. Do you have all the invoice prices? Here are some of the key ones:


INVOICE MSRP
SLE FWD 27,353.00 29,255.00
SLE AWD 29,223.00 31,255.00
SLT-1 FWD 31,528.00 33,720.00
SLT-2 FWD 33,347.00 35,665.00
SLT-1 AWD 33,398.00 35,720.00
SLT-2 AWD 35,217.00 37,665.00



Option Invoice Retail
Convenience Pkg 361.05 435.00
SLT Package - -
SLT Standard Pkg - -
Trailering Equipment 352.75 425.00
Wheel Content Credit (249.00) (300.00)
Wheels - Uitrabright 1,074.85 1,295.00
Seating - 8 Pass (410.85) (495.00)
Audio controls - rear 124.50 150.00
Entertainment System 1,074.85 1,295.00
Cargo Convenience Pkg 74.70 90.00
Console, second row 207.50 250.00
Engine block heater 62.25 75.00
Head-up Display 290.50 350.00
HID Headlamps 415.00 500.00
Power outlet - 3 prong 145.25 175.00
Power rear liftgate 290.50 350.00
Sunroof, Dual skyscape 1,079.00 1,300.00
Washer nozzles - heated 70.55 85.00


I put my deal together at Invoice price, knocking off the $500 Conquest and 3% of MSRP factory holdback, add the $735 destination and used that as my STARTING point (3-5% over that figure for fair profit).

Your offer is more than fair ... including destination and conquest, pretty much dead-on with a 5% profit for the dealer.

Someone will bite at that. Are you married to the idea of it being that local?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys, indeed was a bit taken aback by their offer especially after reading all the average prices you guys paid for your Acadia. Like i said before, the vehicle is selling like hotcakes in our area and its hard to see one stay even for a week. my offer is really fair for them as im planning to cut more on the destination charges and taxes hoping i could settle for a flat invoice before signing the paperwork. I should have taken that GMC credit card before could have help even if its a little.

This coming monday ill know what the final price from one of the dealer, if not ill check on the next state which is Illinois, got 3 dealers within the 50 mile radius --- the only downside, a higher sales tax. :-\

The one im betting is the largest GMC/Hummer/Caddillac dealer in our area, hopefully we come to a deal this monday. Im trading in my wifes Lexus as well. :thumb:

i was searching through the forum members i havent found anyone from Northwest Indiana yet. :help:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
We're within a week or so of getting our Acadia from a dealer in Winamac, IN, which is just SE of Lake County. They actually did have several on the lot as well, but we were set on getting exactly what we wanted so we put in the order. PM me and I'll give you the contact info and the number of our salesman.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sent you a PM crystalblu31... thnx :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got the final price yesterday for an 08 SLT 2 carbon blck w/ dvd,hid,hud and trailering package for $38,990+tax about $1000 dollar above invoice, no conquest cash as of now as all incentives (if any) will apply once the vehicle is delivered within 6-8 wks they say. its a take it or leave it offer..... :banghead:

guess i have to go find more GMC dealers... ahhh!!!! the pain of shopping for a car!!!!

BTW: tried to get thru the fleet manager, they say they dont deal with anything like that....

Anybody here from Dyer, Munster or Schereville, IN?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
SioXie

Just initiated E-mail interest to the local dealers out here in Porter Co. about an '08 Acadia. I'll let you what kind of attitude in dealing they have. Also, what dealer in Illinois are you going to?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
62Maxx

Looking thru 3 dealers listed in Illinois that i know of -- Allison Hagerty in S. Holland, Arnie Bauer in Mattesson and Community GMC in Oak forest. Already sent them an email today and im waiting for the reply. Crytalblu31 pm me regarding one in Winamac which is about 1 1/2hr drive from us, but only after Christmas will i resume car shopping again, by now the web is the only means i can do transactions with these dealers.

Thank you for sharing info and let me know what you find out. where are you at in Porter CO.? Have you tried dealers in Lake like Circle GMC, Schepel and Harbor GMC?

If you have questions let me know too... :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I'm in Chesterton.... from reading the blogs, I didn't realize that this Acadia is really "hot" right now which figures why the sharks at the dealership are not budging? Just like the first new 2005 Chrysler 300. It went OVER the sticker price cause people were camping out at the dealership. This would be my first "Chevy" / GMC I am looking at, since they have really sucked for years past. (my opinion) Been a tried & true Ford Expedition guy & wanted to get better gas milage so I really liked the new Taurus X except it sits lower like a station wagon but has a 200" length of which the Acadia came into the picture. Expedition is 209" . But you know, no GM rebates, no decent APR, for the '08's .... the 07's seem to have vanished on any searches, (RED TAG SALE? Yea ,right.. what , on a cobalt?) But from reading all the transmission problems people are having... did you see all the posts? YIKES! Thats a lot of pissed off owners having to "double" re program the **** trans?!? Thats scary! I can still buy a new Expedition for the same price as the "Cicada" through the X plan but have crappy MPG. I still have to figure this one out. Talk at ya later... 62 Maxx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very much agree to what you said!!! i been lurking in this forum for quite sometime now and like you im from another brand as this will be my first American car and surely it freaks me out to hear all the issues going on with the Acadia that i opted to wait a while for GM to fix all the bugs before ill purchase one. I was looking forward to Ford too to revamped their whole Expedition and Explorer line but decided that the Acadia was a better vehicle in terms of flexibility and overall design.

"from reading the blogs, I didn't realize that this Acadia is really "hot" right now which figures why the sharks at the dealership are not budging? Just like the first new 2005 Chrysler 300. It went OVER the sticker price cause people were camping out at the dealership"[/color] - :thumb: you got it right!!!!

the only deal they have right now is a 5.9%apr/36mos financing which is a far cry from what GM used to offer their customers. the vehicle is just in demand that theyre sticking to their guns, ill be lucky to buy one at invoice price yet still in some state theyre selling Acadia at invoice price. The last dealer i went thru just sent me an email regarding my offer and said hell get back to me as soon as his Manager approves, im crossing my fingers for the the deal to push through even if its $600 above invoice hopefully the Conquest rebates will be available once the vehicle arrived. if everything push thru, ill let you know.

The red Tag sale is bogus as there is No more 07s in my area, im also surprised theres no member here in the forum from Lake Co. as im beginning to see a lot of Acadias on the road. Good luck and happy hunting!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Yep, it's just finding the right dealer who's not out to screw you. You might all enjoy this email I received from one of the dealers I was negotiating with...who thought his outrageous service fees were justified:

Angry Dealer from North Carolina said:
again-
your opinion is yours and there is always someone somewhere willing to cheapen their product to succomb to the "distressed market" syndrom.
I hope that none of your competitors feel it necessary to erode the value and price of whatever it is that you choose to peddle

Enjoy your Arcadia (sic)[/color]
;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Aclavelook said:
Yep, it's just finding the right dealer who's not out to screw you. You might all enjoy this email I received from one of the dealers I was negotiating with...who thought his outrageous service fees were justified:

Angry Dealer from North Carolina said:
again-
your opinion is yours and there is always someone somewhere willing to cheapen their product to succomb to the "distressed market" syndrom.
I hope that none of your competitors feel it necessary to erode the value and price of whatever it is that you choose to peddle

Enjoy your Arcadia (sic)[/color]
;D
And this dealer does not even know how to spell the name of the vehicle he is selling :sosad: - your smart not to buy from him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aclavelook said:
Yep, it's just finding the right dealer who's not out to screw you. You might all enjoy this email I received from one of the dealers I was negotiating with...who thought his outrageous service fees were justified:

Angry Dealer from North Carolina said:
again-
your opinion is yours and there is always someone somewhere willing to cheapen their product to succomb to the "distressed market" syndrom.
I hope that none of your competitors feel it necessary to erode the value and price of whatever it is that you choose to peddle

Enjoy your Arcadia (sic)[/color]
;D
Its one for the record books.... :eek:hno:
No wonder some dealers are called "sharks".... still searching for that elusive one.... :help:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Yep to both...it was amusing to say the least. He called my attempts at negotiating with the holdback fees removed "amusing banter". The notion that silly fees somehow magically "add value" is laughable and sad, especially when you're selling an identical commodity built at the same plant.

Hmm, maybe he really WAS selling something called an Arcadia? ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
For what it's worth, I dealt with a guy named Mike Ferrell at Craig Pontiac Buick GMC in Madison, IN. He seemed like a really decent guy, and wanted to go a lot of extra miles to pull off my purchase. My situation was unique - being a "foreign purchaser" and having to jump through many hoops to get around GM's block on Canadian sales.

He went as far as possible, but just couldn't pull it off. I know that's a haul from Lake Cty, but it's a lot shorter than mine. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
SioXie said:
Thanks for the reply guys, indeed was a bit taken aback by their offer especially after reading all the average prices you guys paid for your Acadia. Like i said before, the vehicle is selling like hotcakes in our area and its hard to see one stay even for a week. my offer is really fair for them as im planning to cut more on the destination charges and taxes hoping i could settle for a flat invoice before signing the paperwork. I should have taken that GMC credit card before could have help even if its a little.

This coming monday ill know what the final price from one of the dealer, if not ill check on the next state which is Illinois, got 3 dealers within the 50 mile radius --- the only downside, a higher sales tax. :-\

The one im betting is the largest GMC/Hummer/Caddillac dealer in our area, hopefully we come to a deal this monday. Im trading in my wifes Lexus as well. :thumb:


i was searching through the forum members i havent found anyone from Northwest Indiana yet. :help:
My guess is that you are talking about Schepal GMC. I didn't have any success with them after multiple attempts. Great people BTW but they just won't budge on price and apparently they haven't had to yet. My brother is an employee there and they still couldn't give me a break. They were MSRP only and offered me $16,000 (insulting) for my 2004 Volvo XC70 for which I later received $23,000 for from Lexus when I purchased my 2008 RX350. I had given up on the NW Indiana dealers as well but when I was still in the market for an Acadia the best price I found was from Community GMC/Pontiac in Oak Forest. They started at $300 over invoice and were ready to talk from there. They are a lesser class group than Schepal but they are out to move vehicles and don't mess around about it.

FYI, you only have to pay Indiana sales tax and one advantage is that you pay the tax when you register the vehicle which means you don't necessecarily have to roll it into your loan and pay extra interest on it.

One last last note, from my prior experience. This exact time of year is the absolute best time to negotiate a car deal. Most dealers are experiencing very low sales at Christmas time. However, that would apply more to existing inventory rather than custome orders.

BTW - I'm from Crown Point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Agreed, went to Community GMC/Pontiac in Oak Forest with list of invoice prices. Got a 2008 in July for $1300 below invoice not including incentives. Took me about 5-10 minutes to get that price with wife and 3 kids in tow. Went looking for 2007 at that time, but only cost difference was the conquest cash of $500. Would recommended to take trip over especially since 80/94 construction is done !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aclavelook said:
Yep to both...it was amusing to say the least. He called my attempts at negotiating with the holdback fees removed "amusing banter". The notion that silly fees somehow magically "add value" is laughable and sad, especially when you're selling an identical commodity built at the same plant.

Hmm, maybe he really WAS selling something called an Arcadia? ::)
LOL ;D its always " eat or be eaten", thats why being in a forum such as this one is a big help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tom H said:
My guess is that you are talking about Schepal GMC. I didn't have any success with them after multiple attempts. Great people BTW but they just won't budge on price and apparently they haven't had to yet. My brother is an employee there and they still couldn't give me a break. They were MSRP only and offered me $16,000 (insulting) for my 2004 Volvo XC70 for which I later received $23,000 for from Lexus when I purchased my 2008 RX350. I had given up on the NW Indiana dealers as well but when I was still in the market for an Acadia the best price I found was from Community GMC/Pontiac in Oak Forest. They started at $300 over invoice and were ready to talk from there. They are a lesser class group than Schepal but they are out to move vehicles and don't mess around about it.

FYI, you only have to pay Indiana sales tax and one advantage is that you pay the tax when you register the vehicle which means you don't necessecarily have to roll it into your loan and pay extra interest on it.

One last last note, from my prior experience. This exact time of year is the absolute best time to negotiate a car deal. Most dealers are experiencing very low sales at Christmas time. However, that would apply more to existing inventory rather than custome orders.

BTW - I'm from Crown Point.
Thanks Tom H and s_mcg for the great info :blob:, im talking about the GMC/Mitsu dealer by U.S. 41 (Circle) -- their a pain to deal with! :angryfire: While Harbor GMC near Portage started out nice but back off when i told them my offer, they were "sticker shock" i guess. Your right on everything you said about Schepel, they do treat you well except when it comes down to price. One of their sales man just emailed me that they will reconsider my offer which was $500 above invoice w/o the incentives. i told them that one dealer from Illinois already offered me one at Invoice price... and he said hell get back to me ASAP after he talk with his Manager (an old traditionional excuse...)

But based on what you guys said, and from what i experienced, NWI dealers are hard to get around with in terms of selling Acadia at invoice price. I already emailed Community GMC in Oak Forest and will wait for their reply as well as 2 more Illinois dealers. Once again thanks for the tip. This Holiday season been a busy one for me and im sure for all you guys too.... :help: with all the Xmas shopping especially the cold weather and the crazy winds :eek:hno: thats been happening lately in our area, i need a very long vacation....... :beer:

ill let you guys know when a deal is made, im crossing all my fingers and my toes.... :thumb:

P.S.

To Santa: I admit i been naughty this year but is an Invoice price too much to ask for?????
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top