GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a Gold Mist Acadia. But there are no interior colors that really match that color. You know like tan, camel, beige, a medium brown. What's up with the lack of interior colors. In my brochure it lists three colors, Brick, Titanium (light gray), and Ebony (black). And really none of those looks great with Gold Mist. GM needs to add a couple of new interior colors. The only other option is to not go with the Gold Mist and pick Silver/Titanium combo. But I really like the Gold Mist. I'm kind of disappointed. :banghead:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Personally I think the Titanium leather or Black leather might be just right for you... If you have kids, or plan on a more dirty interior, Black might be the choice. I just ordered my 08 Acadia Black paint with Black interior. I have 3 kids that are 6, 4 and newborn. we own a black interior VW Passat, and owned another black interior passat. We found that black does not let stains show too much. I hope this helps a little in your decision.
- mcritter

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the question is, why does GM have a gold exterior color and no interior color that goes with it?? Seems kind of dumb! Right now I have a Pewter 02 Yukon with an interior that matches. If you want the gold Acadia you have no interior color options that look good with it in my opinion.

·
Registered
659 Posts
scarpi said:
But the question is, why does GM have a gold exterior color and no interior color that goes with it?? Seems kind of dumb! Right now I have a Pewter 02 Yukon with an interior that matches. If you want the gold Acadia you have no interior color options that look good with it in my opinion.
Umm, well I guess we all have different tastes, but a number of us like the combination with the Brick interior. My wife chose it at first, but I have since come to really like it and I'm surprised at how many compliments it gets. Its also very good at not showing the abuse of kids shoes and such without being monotone with the ebony. If I did it again, and there was a tan interior offered, I would still get Brick. But I do understand that tastes vary...

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'll have to say that I agree. My preference would have been some form of tan, beigh, or cashmere (as the other Lamda's may call the color). But, since I'm sold on buying an Acadia I have no other choice than to learn to love whatever I purchase. I've come to really like the combo of the Blue Gold metalic (can't remember the real name) with the Titanium interior. But, I'm strongly leaning towards the White Tri-Coat w/ titanium - which would also look terrific in a tan leather.

Good luck,

Smooth <><

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I have titanium.

It is not light grey.

It is more of a beige color. It also shows dirt and wear pretty easily.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For those of you with the titanium interior, what color is the carpeting? And any of you who have the combo of gold mist with titanium does it go together? Maybe it is my computer monitor but the titanium looks like a very light gray. If as you say titanium leans toward beige, then it will go with the gold color.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Here is titanium real life.

The seat belt is light gray.

This is my truck but its an 07. Back then titanium came with black carpet and two toned interior.

Not so for 08. You get a light carpet in 2008.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You need to go to the dealer and check it out, but the titanium is defiantly a light gray in my book.

I agree that there needs to be a tan color, but we got Carbon with Ebony interior-- we have 2 kids and a big dog and I am THRILLED with the Ebony-- It looks great after 8 weeks (and that actually is saying something!). We had a light gray in our last car and I will NEVER do that again-- one muddy kid's shoes and it looks horrible--- and Diet Coke never really comes out of it! UGH.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
164 Posts
arwmommy said:
You need to go to the dealer and check it out, but the titanium is defiantly a light gray in my book.

I agree that there needs to be a tan color, but we got Carbon with Ebony interior-- we have 2 kids and a big dog and I am THRILLED with the Ebony-- It looks great after 8 weeks (and that actually is saying something!). We had a light gray in our last car and I will NEVER do that again-- one muddy kid's shoes and it looks horrible--- and Diet Coke never really comes out of it! UGH.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
I know what you mean!
Our last car ('03 VUE) had a grey interior and it was so much work keeping it clean. Milk, food, mud, crayons, scuff marks, etc would plague the carpet. It never seemed to clean up enough.
Our '07 Charcoal with ebony leather interior looks great even after 18,000 miles.

I wish the Outlook had the Acadia Brick or Morocco Brown leather that the Aura offered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts