GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined this forum a while ago and love it here. I just thought you all should know that you have created a sense of community not found in many forums. I belong to a different forum and they can be rude and dis-heartening. A guy here bought a minivan and you people were gracious. If that would have happened in the other forum, he would have been castrated :eek:.

So congrats to you all on your character and hospitality :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Very true, Several new members have said similar things. I am glad I don't belong to any other forums, Other then the sisters sites of this one.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Thank you Schram!!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Schram said:
I just thought you all should know that you have created a sense of community not found in many forums.
That is exactly what I think this forum should feel like. A "family" that can discuss not only their Acadia needs/wants, but other life topics as well.

You are correct, it is a rare find on the internet, though some do exist. I think a lot of it is owed to Admin for setting up such an amazing place for us to gather in the first place! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Schram said:
I joined this forum a while ago and love it here. I just thought you all should know that you have created a sense of community not found in many forums. I belong to a different forum and they can be rude and dis-heartening. A guy here bought a minivan and you people were gracious. If that would have happened in the other forum, he would have been castrated :eek:.

:ditto:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
The admin posts from on high (not to be confused with ROFLCOPTERZ, which my kid recently explained to me), this is then interpreted by Queen Web & King GAR and a standard is set. We just try to follow along as best we can.

Who says royalty is dead in the colonies?

Thanks for the kind words Schram. I feel exactly the same way, and have experienced what you speak of just because I put another motor in the <name of forum's> vehicle.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Yeah, we really don't have the @$$hats around here that many forums do. :cheers:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Schram said:

Thank you for your kind words Schram. And thank you for your character and hospitality also. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
... and with members with user names like Glass 1/2 full, this is indicative of the general attitude here. :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Schram said:

Yes, I agree, this is a great forum. :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
hello all,
Well, thanks for the positive thread to start my first visit here!!

I am so looking forward to interacting in a family type environment----not that hard core criticism so often found elsewhere.

So what is your fave ride for this year, my friend is looking to buy a new car?

special plates.....dvla

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Cparkinson said:
hello all,

I am so looking forward to interacting in a family type environment----not that hard core criticism so often found elsewhere.

Welcome aboard, always glad to have new members here.

Since you asked about the fave ride for this year... I attached a picture. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
copy that picture, that is my dream ride. you people still rock. during a brakes discussion today someone was quite rude. both blue and gar i believe handled it well...maybe it was bonk? anyways, you still rock :cheers:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Cparkinson said:
hello all,

Welcome aboard, always glad to have new members here.

Since you asked about the fave ride for this year... I attached a picture. :D
Ah, Viper-- Great choice.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Schram-
Thanks, Bonk was on it right away as always.

4LitreRR-
It is actually the new Challamaro, It has an LS3 motor and T56 in a Challenger body. :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Schram-
Thanks, Bonk was on it right away as always.

4LitreRR-
It is actually the new Challamaro, It has an LS3 motor and T56 in a Challenger body. :p
Why'd they leave the HEMI on there??? Blasphemy!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I had trouble typing that reply with a straight face... as far as the Challamaro:

Another of our Mods here likes the new Camaro, and with the rumored merger a while back between Chrysler and GM, some wag photoshopped the two and made one car. I posted it in Off Topic.

I was just having some fun since you called it a Viper and some Challenger owners have posted that people think it is a Mustang or the new Camaro.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I had trouble typing that reply with a straight face... as far as the Challamaro:

Another of our Mods here likes the new Camaro, and with the rumored merger a while back between Chrysler and GM, some wag photoshopped the two and made one car. I posted it in Off Topic.

I was just having some fun since you called it a Viper and some Challenger owners have posted that people think it is a Mustang or the new Camaro.
Oh, no I called the Viper in the background a Viper... I thought you meant that the Challenger was modded already with an LS3. I'm saving for a Z06 myself-

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
OK, got it. On pictures like that, it is difficult for me to see anything other than the Challenger. :)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Another of our Mods here likes the new Camaro...
I can't even begin to imagine who that might be... *innocent look*

1 - 20 of 28 Posts