GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Bought a used 2008 Acadia. Not a bad vehicle despite the water in the harness issue( another rant for another time LOL) my issue recently is the literal knock noise I’m getting on my drivers side in the front end when I turn the wheel. Sounds like something is breaking, broken, or on the verge. Did some poking around on Google and YouTube and it seems like it’s the sway bar and bushings that need replaced. Looking to see if that’s correct before I invest time and money to fix this. I’m probably going to replace struts and shocks ( both front and rear when I replace the sway bars.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hello.
Bought a used 2008 Acadia. Not a bad vehicle despite the water in the harness issue( another rant for another time LOL) my issue recently is the literal knock noise I’m getting on my drivers side in the front end when I turn the wheel. Sounds like something is breaking, broken, or on the verge. Did some poking around on Google and YouTube and it seems like it’s the sway bar and bushings that need replaced. Looking to see if that’s correct before I invest time and money to fix this. I’m probably going to replace struts and shocks ( both front and rear when I replace the sway bars.

Thanks in advance.
Most likely sway bars, especially if knocking occurs at low speeds. I had thunks, clunks, and knocks similar to what you describe and it was the sway bars.

Replacing other suspension components at the same time is an A+ idea. I did sway bars only and then had to do struts and shocks not even 6 months later.

·
Super Moderator
21,753 Posts
... Did some poking around on Google and YouTube and it seems like it’s the sway bar and bushings that need replaced. ...
There's no need to replace the sway bar itself, unless you see some abnormalities in it. Just replacing the end links and their bushings along with the isolator bushings should be sufficient.

Reactions: BATMAN BRENT
1 - 3 of 3 Posts