GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at options on the Acadia, I was wondering what's the difference b/w the standard remote keyless entry, and the keyless entry option available in the convenience package or SLT-2. Thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Apparently, the difference between the "standard" remote keyless entry (RKE) key fob and the "SLT-2" version is the remote start feature with an extended range of 60 meters or 195 feet so you can start the car from inside your home/office, especially those who park their cars outside and it's covered in snow/ice/frost (sounds like a necessity in the North and a luxury in the South!)

- Remote Keyless Entry, programmable with 2 transmitters and panic button (Std with SLE or SLT-1)
- Remote vehicle start, includes extended range Remote Keyless Entry (Std with SLT-2)

The remote start key fob can be ordered with SLE and SLT-1 as an option as part of the "Convenient Package" which includes (AP3) Remote start, keyless entry and (UD7) Ultrasonic rear parking assist (PDD)--all for $435.00

Hope that helps

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, 002. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something because I'm not planning on purchasing the conv. pkg. or SLT-2.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
The bigger benefit to the convenience pkg, to me at least, is the ultrasonic rear parking assist. It's very difficult to see what's behind you in this thing, so that is a necessity IMO.

·
Registered
185 Posts
admin said:
The bigger benefit to the convenience pkg, to me at least, is the ultrasonic rear parking assist. It's very difficult to see what's behind you in this thing, so that is a necessity IMO.
ditto!!

I'm coming from many years of Durango driving so I'm accustomed to not seeing much ::) but that back window is pretty narrow. I'm glad to have the beeps for sure!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
admin said:
Especially given the lack of back up camera option.

Kelly

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the remote start and it's great. It's not an option I would have asked for, but mine came with it. I'm really glad I got it as it's really convenient. I can be inside my office, hit two buttons and have a relatively warm car when I get get there. I thought that the building glass, would cause interference, but I haven't had a problem yet.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Jasper said:
I have the remote start and it's great. It's not an option I would have asked for, but mine came with it. I'm really glad I got it as it's really convenient. I can be inside my office, hit two buttons and have a relatively warm car when I get get there. I thought that the building glass, would cause interference, but I haven't had a problem yet.
I'm really looking forward to this. I have two co-workers who have new Tahoes/Yukons with remote start. I envy their ability to start their vehicles from the office (we're on the sixth floor, and our offices overlook the parking lot), both in the winter and in the summer.

Kelly

·
Registered
259 Posts
I was undecided on the convenience package to start with thinking that since I don't currently have it, there's nothing to miss. But after ordering the ebony leather and considering the hot summer months, I thought a cool car before I climbed in would be nice and I added that just before GMC picked up my order from my dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh let me tell you...

I never would have ordered half the things that came with my car but now that I have them, I can't imagine life without them!

I'm in Southern California...so the cold isn't too much of an issue...but I already LOVE the remote start. In the morning it kicks on the defroster and the car is the perfect temp when I get in. During the day, the A/C comes on full blast to cool it down. No more boiling hot interiors for me.

The other features I'm in love with are the park assist, HUD and NAV

It's a great car!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was uninterested in the remote start or the ultrasonic back-up alarm that were on the Acadia we bought but we took it because it had everything else we wanted and we could not wait for a factory order. Now that I have them, I'm really glad they are there. Have used the remote start several times on cold mornings and find it convenient as well. The door to our carport is a slider and requires a key to lock, so with the remote I can start the car while the keys are still in my hand to lock the door.

The rear vision is pretty poor in this vehicle - one of its few shortcomings - so the back-up warning is a real plus in a parking lot or when backing into a narrow street. Glad I have it.

I wish I had ordered the enhanced Driver Information display as well - there is so much the onboard electronics can tell you that it's actually a valuable feature in this car. With the standard display you don't even get a fuel economy readout - just a trip computer (distance only) and oil life plus a couple of maintenance items for re-setting the TPMS or a new ignition key/chip. I think the SLT has the enhanced Driver Info Area, but it's an option on the SLE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts