GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. When I unlock the doors using my keyless entry the horn goes off and the inside lights come on. No I didnt hit the panic buttom. The vehicle has no factory alarm system. The vechicle is a 2008 Acadia. Has anyone experience the same problem and if so, what did you do to fix this problem? Thank you

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Year, model would be helpful, do you have the factory alarm system?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Silly question but presumably you are not pressing the alarm button on the remote?

·
Super Moderator
21,763 Posts
Do you have an SLE or SLT? Does it have controls for various functions you can set up through a DIC?

Usually, the keyless entry will turn the interior lights on if it's set up to do so. It might be the same way with sounding the horn. Resetting or changing these functions depends upon the model.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
This member's IP address is from Canada, so more than likely he has a Canadian model Acadia. I don't know if this will affect the wiring/unlock/control functions, but is yet again another example of why those asking questions need to provide some detailed info when posting. I'll let the others here obtain this info in order to help the member.

From Blues Clues:
Why should I put my location in my profile?
Often your question or issue is or could be regional in nature. By placing your location in your profile, no one needs to ask you where you are. Your location is essential on a for sale post, since usually someone out of the area will not be interested in your item.

Why should I put my year and model in my signature?
As with the location issue, often a question you are asking about your Acadia will require those replying to know what you have. All trim levels (SL, SLE, SLT1, SLT2) have different equipment and options. There are also differences between front wheel drive (FWD) and all wheel drive (AWD).

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I thought they all had a factory alarm system.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I also thought they all had factory alarm system. If it has a panic mode, it should have the alarm right? How do i test the alarm system? ???

But going back to the topic, whenever i unlock, the lights come on but the horn dont go off. It might be a setup config on the DIC.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Alarm engages when you lock the vehicle - I think there is a red flashing light on the dash that indicates it is armed.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
speleos said:
Do you have an SLE or SLT? Does it have controls for various functions you can set up through a DIC?

Usually, the keyless entry will turn the interior lights on if it's set up to do so. It might be the same way with sounding the horn. Resetting or changing these functions depends upon the model.
Your vehicle is defective if it is operating as reported. The horn cannot be set to sound on unlock. From page 2-5 of the 2008 owner's manual:

The manual refers to the unlock button on the remote:
Press to unlock the driver’s door. If is pressed again within five seconds, all remaining doors will unlock. The interior lamps will come on and stay on for 20 seconds or until the ignition is turned on. If enabled through the DIC, the parking lamps will flash twice to indicate unlocking has occurred. See DIC Vehicle Customization (With DIC Buttons) on page 3-75. Pressing " on the RKE transmitter will disarm the content theft-deterrent system. See Content Theft-Deterrent on page 2-21.

The horn can be set to sound on pressing the lock button twice within 5 seconds.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe DP's vehicle has a third party remote starter installed? ???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts