GMC Acadia Forum banner

key fob problems!!!

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  speleos 
#1 ·
Hello!

I've had my 2010 Acadia slt for a year or so, and when i got the car the dealership had a key fob made since the car didn't have one currently. i had problems with it but i was able to replace the battery and it would work just fine. On Christmas i went up to Mt Charleston here in Nevada where the temp was close to 20 degrees Fahrenheit. My key when i got out would not lock the car whatsoever so i took the battery out and then put it back in and then even changed it where it would still not work. The remote batteries are fine as i check at my local Auto zone. Onstar works fine with from my iphone, and my apple watch so im not sure if its the actual reciever in the car, or just my pos key fob. any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum.
A problem with the fob early on would make the fob a likely suspect. You have the choice of trying another fob, or getting the RCDLR system checked by someone who knows how to do it.

#4 · (Edited)
I don't know about a "normal locksmith." You'd have to call one and ask. Surely you read the answer about going to a dealer in this thread Car fob not working since you posted to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.