GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my shorts into the laundry along with my keys. My Key FOB went through an entire cycle and I realized it when I was moving the laundry into the dryer. I freaked out and quickly opened up to find that the design is great and the circuit board did not even get wet. I dried out the parts that did get wet and it works just fine. I was really impressed with the design!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm guessing you had the standard remote. There built pretty good to seal out the moisture,but I don't think there rated for submersion . I don't think the advanced remote would make out as well,but i'm not going to try to prove that theory. ;D

Bobby

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I wouldn't think the advanced remote would fair well in the old Maytag; I have the standard remote but haven't washed it yet ;)

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
GAR said:
I dropped my shorts into the laundry along with my keys. My Key FOB went through an entire cycle and I realized it when I was moving the laundry into the dryer. I freaked out and quickly opened up to find that the design is great and the circuit board did not even get wet. I dried out the parts that did get wet and it works just fine. I was really impressed with the design!!
Did it emerge clean? ;D

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I sent one of my regular remotes through the washer too and didn't end up with any issues. I agree GAR, they are pretty well designed. And it was cleaner, but I don't think I'll make it a regular occurrence. ;D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Back when I had a Silverado, (same design key fob) I went swimming once with it in my pocket, still worked just find after an hour in the pool!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check me off for this sort of absent mindedness. I almost had a heart attack when I folded my shorts after a washer and dryer cycle to find the remote in them. To my dismay it worked just fine and has continued to work great for the 8 months since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts