GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I already know the answer to this, if I replace the battery in my key fob will I have to relearn the remote or will it "retain" the previous settings?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I've already replaced ours in the advanced unit, no reprogramming needed.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
your battery already died in the remote. That was fast... 2 way system eat batteries?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I suspect it does when it is the new "toy" under the tree so to speak & you are trying to see how to get remote tire pressures & stuff like that several times. We have not done anything like that and just use it for lock/unlock. We'll probably use the remote start again now that it is cold[/color] here.

I think we need to get a FMAO smilie here to go along with LMAO. :) I may have just made something up there.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Oh I see, understand that then. Cold there? What is that 40?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
It was 22 this morning! I remember tooling around in a rustbucket '64 Corvair convertible with the top down in 50 degree weather up your way. One summer here & that is ice-age temps!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
hahaha

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
your battery already died in the remote. That was fast... 2 way system eat batteries?
I think jsimms bought his '07 Acadia used, which might explain why the dead battery. Maybe? Though, mine is still fine.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
That's for sure: I've never replaced any keyfob batteries. Had a 98 Grand Am, had if for 6 years, no new batteries, a 2001 Silverado for 7 years, no new batteries, our 2004 Bonneville, no new batteries yet, and the Enclave.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Web Raven said:
bonk1313 said:
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I think jsimms bought his '07 Acadia used, which might explain why the dead battery. Maybe? Though, mine is still fine.
The battery in my key fob will do everything but start the vehicle unless I am within 10 ft of the vehicle; the battery is going but not gone yet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts