GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally talked my wife into an aftermarket nav unit and was wondering if anybody had/has experience with a Kenwood dnx8120. I saw that people were happy with it, but I was wondering if anybody had any issues. I'm looking to use:

Nav
XM
Backup Camera
Bluetooth

That being said, are there any other products, wires, harnesses I will need to make this unit fully functional?

Also, how has the sound quality been? With only 50wx4 is anybody unimpressed with the sound and running an amp?

Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Big10
Go to my gallery in the Enclave forum. I have several pics of the KW DNX8120 in my 'Clave. I have been very pleased with it since installing it back in October 08.

Rex

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have the unit. Absolutely love it! The NAV is fast and accurate. The Ipod interface works perfect and the coolness factor is pretty high. The Bluetooth works with 3 different phones and the call quality is nice. On the downside.... The AM reception is horrible and my wife hates that. Also, the unit can be complicated to operate...the wife hates that too. One function that seems to be missing...if you have the screen bright enough to see in the day....when it switches to night mode it is way too bright. I would think the unit would "remember" the brightness settings between day and night?? :-\ one more feature missing....in NAV mode the current time does not display...just the time to destination.... :banghead:

My system....Kenwood DNX8120, Kenwood 4x100 amp, Polk audio DB6500/DB6501's, Kenwood back-up camera...

Get it it's worth it...

·
Registered
423 Posts
rexster said:
Big10
Go to my gallery in the Enclave forum. I have several pics of the KW DNX8120 in my 'Clave. I have been very pleased with it since installing it back in October 08.

Rex
Does one need to register in enclaveforum.net to view your gallery. I could not log in using Acadia registration info.

???

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Yes, you need to register at all 4. The login for one does not work at the others. You can use the same info & email, but just go through the registration process.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts