GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,138 Posts
... I have actually heard that keyless ignition vehicles will continue to drive even if you leave the fob behind but you wont be able to restart if you shut it off.
The programming possibilities are almost endless for what happens once the fob leaves the interior of the car. I can think of several vehicle immobilization scenarios.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As far as the FOB and computer continuing to communicate I don't believe so. Not sure but my understanding is that it is only needed for starting. If the computer had to continue receiving a signal while driving what would happen if the battery died while driving. I have actually heard that keyless ignition vehicles will continue to drive even if you leave the fob behind but you wont be able to restart if you shut it off.
You're correct, apparently this car let's you drive without your fob and you won't know until you turn the car off and then can't turn it back on!!!!! TERRIBLE safety feature, GMC! My husband's Ford will not allow you to even put the car in gear without the fob. GMC failed big on this one. I just got stranded alone tonight in a parking lot and my husband had to come drive the keys to me 45 miles away!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You're correct, apparently this car let's you drive without your fob and you won't know until you turn the car off and then can't turn it back on!!!!! TERRIBLE safety feature, GMC! My husband's Ford will not allow you to even put the car in gear without the fob. GMC failed big on this one. I just got stranded alone tonight in a parking lot and my husband had to come drive the keys to me 45 miles away!
PS I have the 2021 Acadia

21 - 23 of 23 Posts