GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody changed their air filters to K&N and, if so, have they seen any improvement in mileage or performance?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
There have been a bunch of posts over the past year. Do a search for air filter and you will get some of the threads.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
atljoe said:
They must get aged-off because nothing appears in the search function.
I'm not sure I fully understand the search function. I know if you search "K&N" you don't get anything. But if you search "air filter" then you will see them. Odd. ???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmmm very interesting concept, but has anybody out there compared the price of acetone to gasoline? I think it is a whole lot more expensive. There is a thread out there about adding acetone to the gas

Secondly on the gas mileage issue to put it into about 3 simple words for all Acadia owners and potential owner "It Sucks Badly".

Having said that I recently pruchased a K & N air filter and I immediately got an increase in mileage. Prior to the K&N highway mileage at the absolute best was 11.3 liters / 100 kilometers (sorry I live in Canada) but it was an average of 13.3 liters / 100 kilometers.

Now with the K&N, on the recent highway trip, was as low as 9.7 liters/100 kilometers but is seemed to average out over (769 kilometers) to about 10.7 liters / 100 kilometers.

Havent drove it enogh in the city to see what has happened but prior to the K&N city driving was usually in the 14 - 16 liters / 100 kilometers.

Seems like the K&N made a difference, but the filter cost me $65.00.

·
Registered
730 Posts
elec_inst said:
Secondly on the gas mileage issue to put it into about 3 simple words for all Acadia owners and potential owner "It Sucks Badly".
DO NOT INCLUDE ME! I got 23.4 mpg during my 602-mile trip last week.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
If you install a complete CAI, will you[might] get a little better mpg on this heavy machine with V6. There are no CAI kits on the market at this time.

·
Registered
381 Posts
atljoe said:
Has anybody changed their air filters to K&N and, if so, have they seen any improvement in mileage or performance?
Bought one for my Expedition (2000) and Acadia(2008). I've seen no difference on my Expedition mileage. Due to that, I haven't installed the Acadia one yet. I'm waiting for 10K prior to switch out. So far, I think it's more psychological than signifcant.

·
Registered
13 Posts
elec_inst said:
Hmmm very interesting concept, but has anybody out there compared the price of acetone to gasoline? I think it is a whole lot more expensive. There is a thread out there about adding acetone to the gas

Having said that I recently purchased a K & N air filter and I immediately got an increase in mileage. Prior to the K&N highway mileage at the absolute best was 11.3 liters / 100 kilometers (sorry I live in Canada) but it was an average of 13.3 liters / 100 kilometers.

Now with the K&N, on the recent highway trip, was as low as 9.7 liters/100 kilometers but is seemed to average out over (769 kilometers) to about 10.7 liters / 100 kilometers.

Haven't drove it enough in the city to see what has happened but prior to the K&N city driving was usually in the 14 - 16 liters / 100 kilometers.

Seems like the K&N made a difference, but the filter cost me $65.00.
Is your Acadia front wheel or all wheel drive. My 07 is AWD and around the city I get 14.7 L per 100km and the one trip on highway was 13.9 L per 100km.

EDIT
Please use care when quoting messages so you are typing after the [ / quote ] text. Otherwise it is all blobbed together. Quote corrected.
Blue[/color]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, I do see it has little improved but not significant (upto 1-2 mpg as well as given more hp). Although the K&N filter costs around $60, it is reusable and saving me in long run while a regular filter already costs around $10.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had a K&N on my truck before. Be VERY careful not to over oil it. I had oil all in my intake and it screwed things up. For me I'd rather just use the paper filter, especially since these engines are EXPENSIVE.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I routinely get 24MPG on highway (FWD) but city is significantly less of course. Changed out my air filter at 25K - it still looked relatively clean. The OEM filter cost me roughly $12.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts