GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
cool. what are you powering them with? stock head unit?

I installed Infinity's, and am about half way through wiring up a Pioneer 4ch amp (using stock head unit with a line out converter).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
DSNY FN - are you doing the install? If so, post pics please. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
jpeake said:
cool. what are you powering them with? stock head unit?

I installed Infinity's, and am about half way through wiring up a Pioneer 4ch amp (using stock head unit with a line out converter).
How does that converter sound? any distortion? I've used one several years back and the quality was awe full. I wouldn't sacrifice the quality of the factory bose system for a converter and aftermarket amp. I'm just curious if the new converters now a days have gotten better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am powering them off the stock head unit. I talked to my installer who will also be doing the DIC install at the same time and he says no amp is needed with the Pioneer's so I guess we shall see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
did u have rear spkrs or is this a new install to add to the oem 6 spkr setup ? If new.....was the wires already installed for rear spkrs ?

i did the 2way model and left the oem pillar tweeter. Had to turn it UP on the front for loud but it would not go to blasting level.... but if u faded it to the rear with same volume it would be blasting volume. 4 ohm spkrs used for replacemnet............?

all worked well for a yr. Just yesterday i notices i had no sound from front left dr spkr.......AND my vehicle dinger, keys in ignition, door open, etc. notification noise, can barely be heard .....bet there together some how.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shot_1 said:
did u have rear spkrs or is this a new install to add to the oem 6 spkr setup ? If new.....was the wires already installed for rear spkrs ?

i did the 2way model and left the oem pillar tweeter. Had to turn it UP on the front for loud but it would not go to blasting level.... but if u faded it to the rear with same volume it would be blasting volume. 4 ohm spkrs used for replacemnet............?

all worked well for a yr. Just yesterday i notices i had no sound from front left dr spkr.......AND my vehicle dinger, keys in ignition, door open, etc. notification noise, can barely be heard .....bet there together some how.
There was no rear speakers just in teh back doors so the rear ones are being added along with all wiring. They are 4OHM speakers all across the board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
DSNY FN said:
I am powering them off the stock head unit. I talked to my installer who will also be doing the DIC install at the same time and he says no amp is needed with the Pioneer's so I guess we shall see.
How did your speaker job turn out? I'm wanting to do the same thing to my 6 speaker system. Can you tell a noticable difference with the stock head unit and the Pioneer's? What had to be done for the wiring to third row speakers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
there are no speaker in the gate right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,716 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
thats what i thought. has anyone tried putting any in. our passengers(kids) couldnt hear the music :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I have an SLE and just bought 6 new speakers and a Sirius unit.

Went for Boston Accoustic SL 60's in the front doors and pillar tweets and SX65's in the back doors (or vice versa? Not much of a techy speaker guy!)
Getting them installed on Monday. Really hoping that the sound is superior since I'm sooooo over the stock sound quality.

My question: I'm super curious about getting an extra set of speakers in the rear. Just below the fabric/air bag on each side behind the 3rd row. I see that a couple guys here have either done it or planned it...how did it turn out? How much extra work was it to get it wired from the rear door speakers? Maybe i'll pop for that on Monday if it's not too much extra work.

Any pics or guidance to threads that might have covered it appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Had the new speakers installed (and Sirius wired in) early this past week.
The new speakers sound amazing. Super crisp tweets and great bass response on the others considering there's no sub. It seems like a whole new sound system to me! :thumb:
i asked about a 3rd set of speakers in the rear and installer said the stock radio wouldn't push them without an amp. He said a sub would be a better investment but since this is a work vehicle and I need all the room I can get, I can't afford to lose any space to something like a sub. The installer did mention that unfortunately, the rear door speaker location was seriously handicapped by it's position. Very low, inset with cupholders, tight behind front seats, etc. But hey, whatcha gonna do?


I've had Sirius forever but only installed via fm reciever and the magnetic Sirius aerial. Now it's wired into the Aux input and directly into the vehicle antenna- WOW, what a difference in sound quality!! Night and DAY.

Since I'm going to be on the road for biz 17 of the next 22 days, I'm sure i'll be thoroughly aquainted with the new system soo enough...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
maritimer said:
Had the new speakers installed (and Sirius wired in) early this past week.
The new speakers sound amazing. Super crisp tweets and great bass response on the others considering there's no sub. It seems like a whole new sound system to me! :thumb:
i asked about a 3rd set of speakers in the rear and installer said the stock radio wouldn't push them without an amp. He said a sub would be a better investment but since this is a work vehicle and I need all the room I can get, I can't afford to lose any space to something like a sub. The installer did mention that unfortunately, the rear door speaker location was seriously handicapped by it's position. Very low, inset with cupholders, tight behind front seats, etc. But hey, whatcha gonna do?


I've had Sirius forever but only installed via fm reciever and the magnetic Sirius aerial. Now it's wired into the Aux input and directly into the vehicle antenna- WOW, what a difference in sound quality!! Night and DAY.

Since I'm going to be on the road for biz 17 of the next 22 days, I'm sure i'll be thoroughly aquainted with the new system soo enough...
What kind of speakers did you get? I'm seriously thinking about for mine, the stock sound is weak!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Went for Boston Acoustic SL 60's in the front doors and pillar tweets and SX65's in the back doors (or vice versa? Not much of a techy speaker guy!)
Too busy to do much research or shopping around but the little I did said that these were respectable speakers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
maritimer said:
Went for Boston Acoustic SL 60's in the front doors and pillar tweets and SX65's in the back doors (or vice versa? Not much of a techy speaker guy!)
Too busy to do much research or shopping around but the little I did said that these were respectable speakers.
Whoops, I should have looked a little better and read your other thread :-[ my bad
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top