GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a 8" bazooka to my acadia sle :thumb:, just to give it that extra kick. i installed a (performance teknique 600 watt) nothing fancy. with a 8"bazooka ($25 circuit city)
and i got to admit **** it sounds nice ;D. got the power from the battery and the audio from one of the rear speakers. now my problem is where can i find a switched cable in the back ??? right now i turn on my amp manually but y want it to turn on when i turn on the car. ive looked everywhere but all the cables i find the power remains on after i turn off the car. ive heard about a pink wire that runs thru the front of the car, but is there anything in the back i can use????

·
Registered
752 Posts
Really depends on what is in your car. Tell us something about your car. What package do you have?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Can't answer your question, but think it is significant that a user with the name warhead has installed a bazooka in their Acadia.

:D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I'm really no help with the question either, but every time I read the subject line of this thread, I'm picturing an Acadia with a bazooka installed on top of it. Boy that would really help me out during rush hour traffic!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Have you checked Crutchfield?

Post pics when you get a chance - I'd like to add a bit more oomph as well and it would be cool to see other installs.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Web Raven said:
I'm really no help with the question either, but every time I read the subject line of this thread, I'm picturing an Acadia with a bazooka installed on top of it. Boy that would really help me out during rush hour traffic!
LOL! I thought the same thing and was looking at his state to know where to not to drive!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry about the misunderstanding i have a acadia sle with the regular stereo system. and by bazooka i mean the brand, its a 8" subwoofer enclosed in a tube with is 8" wide by 24" long. its not a real bazooka i havent gone that crazy! that i know of anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the amp is located right underneath in the compartment. so im looking for a power cable in the back that turns off when the car is turned off. ???

·
Registered
752 Posts
warhead2002 said:
I just installed a 8" bazooka to my acadia sle :thumb:, just to give it that extra kick. i installed a (performance teknique 600 watt) nothing fancy. with a 8"bazooka ($25 circuit city)
and i got to admit darn it sounds nice ;D. got the power from the battery and the audio from one of the rear speakers. now my problem is where can i find a switched cable in the back ??? right now i turn on my amp manually but y want it to turn on when i turn on the car. ive looked everywhere but all the cables i find the power remains on after i turn off the car. ive heard about a pink wire that runs thru the front of the car, but is there anything in the back i can use????
First I want to say congratulations. I saw your post in early Feb. and you followed through - way to go :cheers:
I know I have seen answers to your question. I think a lot of them were related to finding a power souce for another application (back-up camera, etc). So you might want to check all those kind of posts in the audio-vid section. This might help a little. best bet is to try and contact the owner directly.
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4889.msg61608#msg61608

·
Super Moderator
22,590 Posts
warhead2002 said:
sorry about the misunderstanding i have a acadia sle with the regular stereo system. and by bazooka i mean the brand, ..... its not a real bazooka i havent gone that crazy! that i know of anyway.
Don't be sorry about something everyone fantasizes about when they're stuck in traffic! I want an 8-inch cannon for mine - better range, heavier ordnance!

I know subwoofers get the job done regardless of their orientation. Your pic shows the subwoofer casing mounted sideways in the rear. Is this pretty standard with the model?

BTW, there is some wiring harness in the left-rear fender well near the jack that might have the power you seek for the sub.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
speleos said:
BTW, there is some wiring harness in the left-rear fender well near the jack that might have the power you seek for the sub.
He is correct, but I am not sure what you will find on the SLE model because that is where the XM equipment is located, but worth a shot looking back there. What about taking power from fuse block under the hood, on an ACC fuse?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I needed an amp turn-on lead back there, too...I used the pink wire in the front passenger footwell that has been referenced in another thread : http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1838.0 . There appears to be no switched power back there ( I tapped a red wire and got 12v constant), and the only drawback to the pink wire is that the power to my second (and now third, with extra speakers added to my SLE1) rows dies within 15 seconds of killing the ignition (it doesn't have full RAC like the stereo).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have used this same pink wire and the 12v from the overhead dome light to power my new flipdown dvd player. It keeps killing my battery. Luckily I put a fuse on each link that I can pull, but this is crazy. Did you guys experience this? It sounds like a lot of people tap into this pink wire. I am wondering if it's the 12v constant power from the dome light. Anyone have experience in using the dome light constant power and it killing your battery?

Thanks,
Kevin
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
:thumb:

"It sounds like a lot of people tap into this pink wire." Yes they do.

Sorry had to do it.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
pink wire or run a new wire from under the dash back. Just want to say that looks real nice as well. Good job!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts