GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a member on this site for months anxiously awaiting my new Acadia. I had begun to question my decision due to the many complaints/concerns posted by owners. I took posession of my Acadia yesterday just waiting for something negative. So far the car has been exceptional. Maybe there were problems with the very early ones, not mine.

Tansmission lag- NOPE! Usually cant even tell it is shifting unless I watch the tach. Only obvious shift is when trying to pass or climb a hill and the response is great!

Fit and finish- Perfect as far as I can tell

Temp sensor- Read really high (20-25 above actual temp) when I started the car but it settled down to a stable and I believe accurate temp within 2 minutes.

Rust- No way! Just some discoloration on the muffler due to their sealant.

MGP- So far 17.9 on a FWD with estimated 90% city driving

Auto temp controls- Fine! Rear vents pumping cold air

Tire whine- None

Dash compartment- Opens and closes easily

Fluid leaks- None

HUD- Level and clear

It is early. Only my second day with the vehicle but so far I have to say it is easily the best car I have ever owned. The only thing I can come up with is it seems the radio reception is not quite as good as it could be. Guess they want me to buy XM (70 channels of CRAP). Reception is good, just occasionally fades a bit.

FWD SLT-2 Liquid Silver HUD, Sunroof, DVD, 8 seats (photos to follow)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congratulations! We went through the exact same thing as you to the point that my wife told me to stop telling her about what was being posted. So far so good. KNOCK ON WOOD.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Congratulations! :cheers:
Since you mentioned no Trans Lag, what is the build date of your vehicle?
I did ask my service advisor yesterday if there is already an available update for the trans lag...I was told there is. I'm not if that was the latest update.
Can any of our "insiders" confirm this? On the other thread, it was stated to be released in some weeks time.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Build time was the best I can determine May 2007. Not sure if there is a place to find the exact day. If someone lets me know I will revise this.

Here are the photos so this is NOT a useless thread

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nice pics.
Check your door stickers for the build date.

·
Registered
405 Posts
CONGRATTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing: :friday: :hot: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :clap: :banana: :rock: :uzi: :fart:

i know you have been waiting along time

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations on the new arrival. I'll just warn you ahead of time. The first couple of nights are rough...constantly wanting to be by its side, making sure it has enough gas, waking up in the middle of the night to make sure you locked it. But don't worry, it'll get easier after the first week.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Boudreaux said:
Congratulations on the new arrival. I'll just warn you ahead of time. The first couple of nights are rough...constantly wanting to be by its side, making sure it has enough gas, waking up in the middle of the night to make sure you locked it. But don't worry, it'll get easier after the first week.
at least for you, i have had mine since february and still if i wake up in the middle of the night i go get a drink and go out to the garage and stare at my gmc's and click the lock buttons Just to be safe, then when i wake up in the morning the first thing i do is check them agian and go shower then i get out and dress and i check them agian, then i drive one of them and make sure ther are no kids near them and i park them by a window so i can see them, I know i am insane, but when you are so happy with a vehicle you just cant stop, i never Ever eat or drink in them, also if i park in the drive way i make sure all the neighbor hood kids that decide to rae through my driveway dont do it agian by putting cones in front of the entrance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
****, well I'll make you a deal. I'll go over there w/ my paintball gun and guard the acadia at night so you can sleep if you let me borrow the vette. ;D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Keith,

email me your VIN and I will let you know the exact build date and when all of the individual parts went into your vehicle.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Boudreaux said:
****, well I'll make you a deal. I'll go over there w/ my paintball gun and guard the acadia at night so you can sleep if you let me borrow the vette. ;D
i some times dont even let my self drive the vette some times, i have had it a year and it only has 3000 miles on it. What does that tell you. :drunk:

I sleep preety good now that i had my alarm system put in the garage. Reallly i had adt put motion and glass break sensors in the room and sensors on the garage door. It is armed every night. :angel:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Congratulations. Welcome to the real world. I have still only seen about five in all of western Washington since the end of March. At least the parts I have been in. I actually saw two in Olalla last week if you can believe that.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Olalla! I grew up in Port Orchard. Olalla is BFE.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are pretty rare. I have seen one outlook on the road. Only seen one white, one gold, one silver and one Carbon Acadia. They flew off the dealer lot. They must be around somewhere.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Boltbacker said:
Olalla! I grew up in Port Orchard. Olalla is BFE.
Not any more. Drive down Banner Road or Cressent Valley and count the big Huge Houses $700,000 and up. It's nut's.

·
Registered
405 Posts
BFE :confused: ??? ???

·
Registered
524 Posts
It's a place in Egypt. The first part rymes with gum stuck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts