GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had nothing but problems. I bough the acadia from an auction I dont know the history on it at all. Anyways so far I have replaced crank shaft sensor, MAF sensor, throttle body with tps sensor. I started out with 19 codes after all that along with oil change and transmission drain and fill and pcv valve I ended up with 9 codes misfire cylinder 2 and the cpdes that come along with it so swapped coil for cylinder 2 with 4 and resulted in dead coil. So I replaced the coil and replaced spark plugs with acdelco gaped at .044 now im getting multiple misfires but runs decent around 15 to 40 45 and seems to not want to go past 80 mph.shifting is sporadic sometimes shifts fine other times rpm's stay up wont shift or is bogged down and won't shift up reverse has like no power and is gutless off the line or uphill. Any help anyone experianced any of this. O ya i also replaced the torque mount under the fuse box.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Need to stop by your friendly GM service desk and get a GMVIS report to try and get some service history on the vehicle.

My son has seen some early Lambda's come through the shop that were so full of sludge everyone was scratching their heads wondering how the thing ever ran.

Personally, it would be gone. I'm guessing you replaced the fuse box because of water intrusion corrosion. Most likely has other corrosion issues.

·
Super Moderator
19,649 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Maybe the engine is plaqued with combustion chamber/intake valve carbon deposits - something common with GDI engines. Lots of info here and on the web about how to clean out those deposits and restore engine performance. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum.
Maybe the engine is plaqued with combustion chamber/intake valve carbon deposits - something common with GDI engines. Lots of info here and on the web about how to clean out those deposits and restore engine performance. Good luck.
I didnt replace the fuse box u had to remove it to replace the torque mount under it.
The hold down bolts will barley snug up on it now any ideas

·
Super Moderator
19,649 Posts
Fuse box fasteners are designed so they can't be over-tightened. I believe they're that way to prevent cracking the box while reinstalling it.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I didnt replace the fuse box u had to remove it to replace the torque mount under it.
The hold down bolts will barley snug up on it now any ideas
If still getting misfires, a scanner should sow which cylinders. That said, if one was bad others might be starting to go intermittently. Do you have a scanner that can store and show data logging?
It took us weeks to find a bad coil even after swapping around and finding one bad coil. Finally another started to fail enough to see exactly which one also was bad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a pretty cheap scan tool it tells me which cylinder is misfiring and cram/cam codes along with the performance corilation bank 1 sensor 1 bank 2 ECT. This is the newest rig ive worked on so alot of this is new but im startining to figure all the sensor scrap out. I just dont have any idea about what all the bank 1 senskr 1 bank 2 semsor 1 and all that stuff means

·
Super Moderator
19,649 Posts
Look for the link to download a service manual in another thread. OBD-II diagnostic information in that document will be helpful. It's a 2010 manual, but that shouldn't matter. The engine variant and codes are the same.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I have a pretty cheap scan tool it tells me which cylinder is misfiring and cram/cam codes along with the performance corilation bank 1 sensor 1 bank 2 ECT. This is the newest rig ive worked on so alot of this is new but im startining to figure all the sensor scrap out. I just dont have any idea about what all the bank 1 senskr 1 bank 2 semsor 1 and all that stuff means
It can be a bit confusing, but with a pertinent repair manual the codes can be more helpfully directed regarding the "Bank" designations which, of course, pertain to the cylinder sides of the engine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ive had nothing but problems...
Dude, I feel your pain. My 2009 Buick Enclave has been nothing but problems too. I really do like the Enclave though, that's why we bought it. It's a great family vehicle when it works but expensive to fix when it doesn't. GM definitely didn't sweat the details on these SUVs. That's why when it was time for me to replace my other car, I chose a Toyota Highlander. I still have the Enclave but worry about what's going to break next. After buying the Toyota, no more GM cars for me. Sad, because I really do like the new GM designs, but know reliability will be the problem if they're kept outside of the warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited by Moderator)
Do I have to do any of the relearn processes or whatever after replacing throttle body, MAF, PCV left and right and crankshaft sensor along with one new coil and all new acdelco platinums gapped at 044 on my 09 acadia 3.6 AWD

(mod note: thread moved to this discussion - separate thread not needed)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I think that this thread should be a lesson to anyone reading and comtemplating on buying a vehicle at auction. You have no idea of what you are going to get. It is probably a vehicle that a dealer took in trade and decided that it was in too bad of a condition to sell on the dealer's lot. Sometimes it can be a rental vehicle, but probably not one that is 11 years old.

George

·
Super Moderator
19,649 Posts
Do I have to do any of the relearn processes or whatever after replacing throttle body, MAF, PCV left and right and crankshaft sensor along with one new coil and all new acdelco platinums gapped at 044 on my 09 acadia 3.6 AWD
Throttle body - yes. Procedure can be found in several forum threads. Search "throttle body relearn" and those discussions should show in the search results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think that this thread should be a lesson to anyone reading and comtemplating on buying a vehicle at auction. You have no idea of what you are going to get. It is probably a vehicle that a dealer took in trade and decided that it was in too bad of a condition to sell on the dealer's lot. Sometimes it can be a rental vehicle, but probably not one that is 11 years old.

George
I sympathize with Anthony. It's painful to buy a vehicle with unknown major problems. As GeorgeC indicated, buying a vehicle at auction, or even from dealer without knowing the history can be a gamble. Unfortunately, vehicles involved in floods are often sold this way. Unscrupulous people will use loopholes to scrub the title of vehicles that would otherwise be deemed "salvage".

·
Registered
2009 Acadia SLT-1
4 Posts
I have been going through a lot of issues in my '09 Acadia. The code reader only gave me a P0336 code (crankshaft sensor) when I met the car. I replaced the sensor to no avail. Then I replaced the plugs (heavily fouled) and cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body at the same time. Now it might run for a few seconds, and once for a couple of minutes, which gave me several codes. Next I took it apart again and measured the compression. 50 PSI on bank 1, and 80 PSI on bank 2. I have a strong suspicion this is timing chains. A big job I will have to in the car.

·
Super Moderator
19,649 Posts
I have been going through a lot of issues in my '09 Acadia. The code reader only gave me a P0336 code (crankshaft sensor) when I met the car. I replaced the sensor to no avail. Then I replaced the plugs (heavily fouled) and cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body at the same time. Now it might run for a few seconds, and once for a couple of minutes, which gave me several codes. Next I took it apart again and measured the compression. 50 PSI on bank 1, and 80 PSI on bank 2. I have a strong suspicion this is timing chains. A big job I will have to in the car.

Consider this before tearing into a timing chain job:

... Now it might run for a few seconds, and once for a couple of minutes, which gave me several codes. ...
Which codes would that be? Double-check your work to see if there's something you mis-installed or bumped inadvertently (like an electrical connector).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts