GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas everyone.

In simple language....How do I connect my ipod ?? I currently have an adapter that plugs into the lighter.

Do I need to purchase a new system? forgot to ask salesman. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Powering your IPOD will be the same. Existing IPOD Battery or your cig lighter adapter. Pushing the music through the factory head unit will require the cable. More help here. Did that answer your question?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, that's what I thought, but the impression I got from the forum was that in order to have it work through the navigation/radio I needed something else. Will this go through the Bose speakers then? Hubby says use the sirus but I want the same sound with my songs that I have in the house. Am I right in thinking so? We pick our Acaida on Mon, should I ask for a demo or will it just show up on the nav screen instead of the ipod? Thanks so much.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
You should just be able to plug it in and have the sound play through the normal speakers. I will double check today with my parents 08 with nav. But I think it is pretty straight forward and simple by just plugging it in and select AUX, just like selecting FM/AM/XM/CD

·
Registered
158 Posts
bonk1313 said:
You should just be able to plug it in and have the sound play through the normal speakers. I will double check today with my parents 08 with nav. But I think it is pretty straight forward and simple by just plugging it in and select AUX, just like selecting FM/AM/XM/CD
That's correct.

We use this one... http://www.riteav.com/product_info.php?cPath=176&products_id=641 $2.50 delivered.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
gypsy girl said:
Hi, that's what I thought, but the impression I got from the forum was that in order to have it work through the navigation/radio I needed something else. Will this go through the Bose speakers then? Hubby says use the sirus but I want the same sound with my songs that I have in the house. Am I right in thinking so? We pick our Acaida on Mon, should I ask for a demo or will it just show up on the nav screen instead of the ipod? Thanks so much.
If you want to control your iPod and view iPod menus from the nav screen, you'll need an aftermarket interface like the Scosche AXIPGMLAN or Coastaletech's iPod lockpick - or GM's Personal Audio Link (PAL) which supposedly is available now for the Acadia but not sure anyone has installed yet.

If you want to just listen to your iPod through the nav radio, all you need is a simple Aux cable like discussed in the thread bonk linked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts