GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 2 years of wanting I finally have. See my signature for the details and the pics below. The car seems perfect so far except for 2 minor annoyances. There is clicking sound from the engine noticable from outside the car which the dealer said is normal (perhaps the fuel injectors?). There is also some rollback of the car after putting it in park that is more noticable on inclines of course. This has been discussed in other threads. I love everything about the interior of the car and everything is located where I would expect it. I spent 3 hours playing with all of the options and settings and reading all of the manuals in my garage the first night I had it. I love the 2 way Remote and I would recommend it to anyone with an Acadia. You can see the status of the car in regards to unlocked doors and remote engine start. You can also see the odometer, fuel level, and each tires pressure. The sidesteps and crossrails improve the look too IMO. I settled on $500 below Red Tag pricing and $6,000 in rebates which gave me more than $10,000 off sticker. My local dealerships all participate in both advertising programs which means I had to deal with 2% advertising fees which preventing me from getting a better price. I bought the GM 6 year extended warranty for $1265. I might buy a set of GM 20" wheels and tires in the spring and swap them for the 19s each winter. I can go on and on about this car but most on this board already know how good it is :thumb:.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Congratz!! :cheers:

·
Registered
540 Posts
JBRedZ28,
Good luck with your new Acadia. I love mine. I also found the minor two issues you mentioned. The ticking isn't that back and as far as the roll back I just use the parking brake. It suprised me when it first happened. You did great with the price! I basically had $300 under Red Tag and $1750 in rebates when I took delivery on 12/01/09. What rebates did you get?

Bobby

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might just use the parking brake everytime I park it or just get used to the rollback I guess. Here is the list of rebates I qualified for:

$750 GM Rebate everyone
$250 Credit Union Rebate Credit Union members
$2,000 Lease Rebate current lessees of leases that expire before June 30th 2009
$2,000 Dealer Reconsensus Rebate my dealer added this in, not sure what exactly it is but I didn't care really
$1,000 GM Card Earnings Rebate the limit of my GM credit card earnings that I could use on the vehicle, wish I could have used all $5,000 I had saved up

·
Registered
540 Posts
JBRedZ28 said:
I might just use the parking brake everytime I park it or just get used to the rollback I guess. Here is the list of rebates I qualified for:

$750 GM Rebate everyone
$250 Credit Union Rebate Credit Union members
$2,000 Lease Rebate current lessees of leases that expire before June 30th 2009
$2,000 Dealer Reconsensus Rebate my dealer added this in, not sure what exactly it is but I didn't care really
$1,000 GM Card Earnings Rebate the limit of my GM credit card earnings that I could use on the vehicle, wish I could have used all $5,000 I had saved up
They are great numbers. I didn't qualify for the lease rebate. I don't know what the dealer reconsensus rebate is either but if they were giving it I would have taken it too. I had a GM card and never used it. I forgot all about it. My loss. The GM card should have let you use all you had saved up but they have that limit that stinks.
Once again good luck and enjoy.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
:cheers: :cheers: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have the original GM card where there weren't limits for each vehicle (my parents have this one, I am jealous). Although I have had mine since 1999, it is the newer one that has limits per vehicle. From my understanding, the only way to use more of your earnings for a vehicle is if you get a bonus offer from GM.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The older GM Card is awesome!!! You can only save a total of $3500 on it, however, you can use it all on your purchase as I did just a few months ago. Got mine during the employee pricing plus the $3500 off. Very sweet!!!! :thumb: ;D :thumb: ;D

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Congrats JB, looks good. :thumb:

The clicking noise is considered "normal" for the DI engine in the '09s. There's a note about it in the service information database.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Congrats! I especially like the color :thumb:

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
56 Posts
GeoHawk said:

The clicking noise is considered "normal" for the DI engine in the '09s. There's a note about it in the service information database.
Could you post a link or the text from the entry on clicking? I'd like to read about it. Listening to the clicking is interesting. It changes frequency in some case, for instance while the engine is in warm up mode it's faster even though the RPMs may not be faster.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
JBRedZ28 - Congratulations!!! Nice looking car!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats JBRedZ28 :cheers:Very Nice :cheers:

:dancing: :dancing:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just wait until my 30" spinners get delivered. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Narg said:
GeoHawk said:

Could you post a link or the text from the entry on clicking? I'd like to read about it. Listening to the clicking is interesting. It changes frequency in some case, for instance while the engine is in warm up mode it's faster even though the RPMs may not be faster.
Here the text of the document:

The 3.6L SIDI engine (VIN V - RPO LLT) uses a direct injection fuel system that operates at very high fuel pressures. A direct injection fuel system produces a rapid clicking and ticking sound that can be heard from the engine compartment. The sound is more evident when outside around the vehicle or when the hood is open. The sound is more noticeable during idle and is more frequent during a cold start, but lessens once the engine is warm. The rapid ticking noise on cold start up is the fuel pump (located on the rear of the left cylinder head) building up high fuel pressure. When the engine warm-up is completed, the high pressure fuel pump will continue to tick at a lower rate of approximately one tick per second during idle. The clicking sound is the fuel injectors pulsing on and off under higher fuel pressures. These sounds are the results of a normal direct injection fuel system operating properly.

DO NOT attempt to repair or replace any parts for this kind of clicking or ticking concern. The clicking or ticking sound is not indicative of any concerns with the engine or the vehicle. You may wish to give the customer a copy of this bulletin.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
GeoHawk said:

Here the text of the document:

The 3.6L SIDI engine (VIN V - RPO LLT) uses a direct injection fuel system that operates at very high fuel pressures. A direct injection fuel system produces a rapid clicking and ticking sound that can be heard from the engine compartment. The sound is more evident when outside around the vehicle or when the hood is open. The sound is more noticeable during idle and is more frequent during a cold start, but lessens once the engine is warm. The rapid ticking noise on cold start up is the fuel pump (located on the rear of the left cylinder head) building up high fuel pressure. When the engine warm-up is completed, the high pressure fuel pump will continue to tick at a lower rate of approximately one tick per second during idle. The clicking sound is the fuel injectors pulsing on and off under higher fuel pressures. These sounds are the results of a normal direct injection fuel system operating properly.

DO NOT attempt to repair or replace any parts for this kind of clicking or ticking concern. The clicking or ticking sound is not indicative of any concerns with the engine or the vehicle. You may wish to give the customer a copy of this bulletin.

I heard this noise on my Enclave today for the first time. Thought is was something of a concern, but did a search and found this post, very helpful...now I know it's normal. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Glad to hear the forum helped you out and prevented an unneeded trip to the dealer :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts