GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an initial quality survey from JD Power & Associates today. It was 4 pages long set up as follows: Page 1: Info about new vehicle, and vehicle it replaced, Page 2-4: List of detailed equipment failures separated by categories. In each category you could respond that either there was a failure, blemish, etc, or that the control was in an inconvenient location. There was no place to indicate "no problem in this category".

When I was done reading thru the Survey, I had no markings on pages 2-4 because there were no initial problems with the vehicle. I just thought it interesting, that when they get these surveys back, they have no way of telling if the user actually read each section because a vehicle with no Quality issues will have no markings in their document.

It was an eye-opener about the Poor Quality of the JD Power & Associates Initial Quality Survey. Maybe it's just me, but when you've just spent $30k+ on a new vehicle and you have NO quality issues to report in each area, there should be a box to check that says "no problems in this area" to make us feel good about our purchase and make us want to share our info with the survey folks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, I got one yesterday. And I agree, it wasn't a very good layout. I had several pages with nothing marked as well.
There was an area to fill in issues that didn't fall into a category.
I used that area to spout off about the "rough" weather stripping around the vehicle doors that is causing paint itch on the body.

·
Registered
112 Posts
MIne came in the mail today. I have no problems to report. There should be a spot to mark "No problems in this area."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts