GMC Acadia Forum banner

It's really HARD WORK waiting for the 09's !!!

5K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  GeoHawk 
#1 ·
PLEASE HURRY GM !!!! :angryfire: ;D

Can't deal with the honda element anymore! :banghead:

#2 ·
It's time to grab a few :beer:, sit with some friends :cheers:, and make the pain go away. :drunk: :angel:

Good luck waiting. It will be worth it. :thumb:

#3 ·
Not that I'm for or against waiting, but what is the rationale for waiting? I know I've heard other people say they're waiting too....

New colors, different engine, another year to work the kinks out? Just kinda curious?

The pricing is pretty favorable right now on the 08's, and will continue to be as they start to produce the 09's and get rid of 08's on lots.

I agree if you're going to keep it for a few years, and sell/trade, waiting for the next year model means better resale in the future. So that makes sense. But if like me, you're going to keep for the long haul, the pricing on the 08's right now will be better than on the new 09's, and if plan to drive it into the ground, then maybe getting the 08 now makes more sense.

I have no idea about ordering a new one, as I've never done it, but finding one exactly like I wanted wasn't easy either..... So just mainly curious as to the rationale to wait!

I have no will-power, and couldn't wait, so I went ahead and bought!

GOOD LUCK! ANY Acadia is worth it in my mind, so hang in there!

#4 ·
If I was looking today and had not already got the 2008, I would wait for 2 reasons.

1) The better V6 with more HP and about 10% better mileage. <Changed due to lack of facts. :)
1) IF the better V6 actually has more HP and gets better mileage like is speculated.
2) I could get the SLE with the cloth seats. The only reason I went with the SLT was for the heated seats and those are now available on the SLE as an accessory. Although, now that I am spoiled with all the nice things that came with the SLT, I may have a harder time going back. :)

#5 ·
jaweichert said:
Not that I'm for or against waiting, but what is the rationale for waiting? I know I've heard other people say they're waiting too....

New colors, different engine, another year to work the kinks out? Just kinda curious?

The pricing is pretty favorable right now on the 08's, and will continue to be as they start to produce the 09's and get rid of 08's on lots.

I have no idea about ordering a new one, as I've never done it, but finding one exactly like I wanted wasn't easy either..... So just mainly curious as to the rationale to wait!
I haven't seen the pricing on the 08's be very favorable at all -- no major discounts -- not like 4250 back for
a Volvo XC90 for example on '08s.... so $$$ wide the 09 should be comperable.

The DI engine -- if it gets 10% better gas mileage and we drive it 120000 miles thats roughly 6000 gallons of gas,
I'll save 600 gallons of gas -- and if we just talk todays gas prices (and we know where those prices are going),
that's ~$2k in savings over the life of the vehicle.

So in the end -- I expect the '09 will be cheaper for us even if we hold it forever.

I'm also into it for the bluetooth and chilled seats here in Texas.

m

#6 ·
All great reasons... and I knew there would be. I guess I wasn't aware the 2009 would get better mileage with the new engine. That is a substantial amount of savings in fuel.

In terms of pricing, I guess I was going on the fact that the dealer I went through provides invoice pricing, and then gave me $1000 loyalty cash, and another $500 deal discounts. Yeah, $1500 isn't a great discount, but this is off of the INVOICE price, not the MSRP price. All dealeships work a little different, but as an example on the one I bought, MSRP (advertised price) was ~$32,500. The invoice price from GM is ~$30,500, which the price I was given, prior to additional discounts. So take $1000 and $500 off of that, I'm down to $29,000. Yes, it's an SLE, FWD with a few added packages, but your basic Acadia. So felt I got a fair price.... Have to be careful comparing to other brands (i.e. Volvo) and other dealerships, as they all structure their pricing, discounts, etc. and may inflate their prices to appear to give you better rebates, all to get to the same ending price.

I'm assuming the MSPR/Invoice for the 2009 will be similar to to 2008's, but I just didn't know if they would still give $1500 off of that, or what the scenario would be. More than likely, there will be some loyalty $.

All in all, improved gas mileage and heated/cooled seats (especially if they came in the SLE with clothh, as one other person mentioned) would be 2 very good reasons to wait!

I just couldn't wait any longer ;) Had been wanting one since Fall 2007

GOOD LUCK!

#7 ·
GAR said:
If I was looking today and had not already got the 2008, I would wait for 2 reasons.

1) The better V6 with more HP and about 10% better mileage.[/color]
2) I could get the SLE with the cloth seats. The only reason I went with the SLT was for the heated seats and those are now available on the SLE as an accessory. Although, now that I am spoiled with all the nice things that came with the SLT, I may have a harder time going back. :)
Have the MPG estimates been published yet? I haven't seen anything published on this topic yet other than speculation. If so, what are the numbers or better yet, do you have a link to the info?

Thanks,
K

#9 ·
Kloogee said:
GAR said:

1) 1) The better V6 with more HP and about 10% better mileage. <Changed due to lack of facts. :)
1) IF the better V6 actually has more HP and gets better mileage like is speculated.
[/color]
Have the MPG estimates been published yet? I haven't seen anything published on this topic yet other than speculation. If so, what are the numbers or better yet, do you have a link to the info?

Thanks,
K
My bad!! Sorry that I made that sound like it was fact. I have seen postings saying it would increase by 2 mpg and I did not question them. I will updated my post as shown above to say IF the mileage improves.

#10 ·
We really wanted an 08/09 Acadia as well - but since GM has not offered 'good' financing on the 08's yet (probably never) and good financing on the 09's is most likely a pipe dream - we picked up an 08 Pilot with 2.9 financing and 3500 under invoice this past weekend.

Sorry GM - we really tried to stick with you - but you didnt come through when we wanted/needed you too !!

I know I will probably get flamed - but if you guys knew me - I am a die hard GM guy with 3 New GM products within the past 6 years - GM just couldnt get it done for me this time.

Give me a year or 2 with the Pilot and I am sure I will be ready for a 2010 Acadia !!!!

#11 ·
Has GM given any indication when the 2009 Acadia may be available? I've been looking at a bunch of comparable SUVs and keep coming back to the Acadia. I'm not crazy about the lack of bluetooth and the Navigation limitations (i.e. The Navi package only has one CD, instead of 6. If you plan to use the Navi, then you must use the only available CD slot for it), etc. At any rate, I was about to give in and lease an '08 model until I just discovered the anticipated updates for '09. Now I'm thinking of waiting some more (I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - lease about to expire, but Chrysler Financial enables lease extensions of 6 mos. & 12 mos.). I have decided to execute the extension long enough to pick up an 09 Acadia, but I'm not sure which duration I should choose. Thoughts?

#12 ·
Hang in there. If you are set on the 09's then it will be worth your wait...
no pain no gain sort of thing.

I picked up my 2008 SLT1 AWD, Redjewel, DVD, sunroof & convenience
package last week and considered an 09 but the $$5K savings I got off
MSRP just couldn't be beat....

Mhraracing...you gotta do what you gotta do :thumb:

With respect to the mpg with the DI on the 09...just my 2 cents but listed
and actual mpg are two different things and the mpg you get will greatly
depend on your driving habits. The Acadia is listed at almost 5000lbs,
most will probably be buying one for utility e.t.c and not great mpg anyways. :cheers:

#13 ·
Hey, no worries on the mpg "facts".... for all we know, it may be better, it may be worse. At the end of the day, you have the willpower to wait til the new ones come out, and I just couldn't wait any long. My 2nd day of driving, and I love it! Although gas is creeping near $3.50 in the midwest, man, that's ridiculous! Hope it comes back down so I can even more ;)

Bluetooth capability may also be worth the wait alone!!

#14 ·
Yes, waiting can be hard. I've been driving my S-10 Blazer for 21+ years! I almost bought a 94 Blazer w/ the 4.3 V-6, then was really excited in 2002 when the Envoy came out w/ the 4.2 straight 6. But, I wasn't excited about the rear seat situation on those, so I continued to wait. Now I'm about ready for an '09 :) I agree w/ the posts saying that most of us buy the Acadia for utility & not as an economy car, and also that our own driving habits hugely influence our MPG.

For me, I intend to drive the new Acadia into the ground (as was sited in someone's post), and therefore I want to have the coolest / latest / most contemporary features I can get since I'll be using them for a very long time. When planning to buy something that costs the better part of $40K (SLT-2), patience is on my side.

We can just hope that somehow the DI 3.6 is a bit more efficient than the existing (still best in class, by the way!).

Smooth <><[/color]

#15 ·
rneal said:
Has GM given any indication when the 2009 Acadia may be available? I've been looking at a bunch of comparable SUVs and keep coming back to the Acadia. I'm not crazy about the lack of bluetooth and the Navigation limitations (i.e. The Navi package only has one CD, instead of 6. If you plan to use the Navi, then you must use the only available CD slot for it), etc. At any rate, I was about to give in and lease an '08 model until I just discovered the anticipated updates for '09. Now I'm thinking of waiting some more (I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - lease about to expire, but Chrysler Financial enables lease extensions of 6 mos. & 12 mos.). I have decided to execute the extension long enough to pick up an 09 Acadia, but I'm not sure which duration I should choose. Thoughts?
First of all, the navi unit with the single CD have nothing to do with each other. The nav disc loads behind the head unit in a different slot and stays functional at all times...you can play a DVD or listen to a CD without taking out the nav disc...........

#16 ·
mhraracing said:
We really wanted an 08/09 Acadia as well - but since GM has not offered 'good' financing on the 08's yet (probably never) and good financing on the 09's is most likely a pipe dream - we picked up an 08 Pilot with 2.9 financing and 3500 under invoice this past weekend.

Sorry GM - we really tried to stick with you - but you didnt come through when we wanted/needed you too !!

I know I will probably get flamed - but if you guys knew me - I am a die hard GM guy with 3 New GM products within the past 6 years - GM just couldnt get it done for me this time.

Give me a year or 2 with the Pilot and I am sure I will be ready for a 2010 Acadia !!!!
I'm a die hard GM fan too and if the 2008 Pilot meets your needs, then I think you made a very good choice. Even though it's the last year for that older Pilot model, it's still a very good car. I thought about one for me, but I need to haul my extended family of 8 people (5 adults and 3 big kids) and the Pilot just was not quite big enough for us.

As a die hard GM fan, having now purchased 8 new GM vehicles, it's tough for me to grasp that GM has changed a bit. They are now more like Honda than they were before. If you watch, Honda will not be offering 3500 under invoice on their all new 2009 Pilot. They won't do that for years. In the same way, GM is currently offering deep discounts on the Trail Blazer as it will be replaced by the Traverse soon, but the Traverse will not likely be discounted. The very good news for any Acadia (or other Lambda owner), is that this "Honda" type model of pricing, keeps profits up, and also keeps the resale value of the vehicle high too.

Again, enjoy your new Honda. It is a very good car and should last you for many years to come.

#17 ·
rneal said:
You're misinformed - the nav radio has two slots: one behind the screen for the nav disc and one above the screen for your CD.

#18 ·
rneal said:
Has GM given any indication when the 2009 Acadia may be available? .... I have decided to execute the extension long enough to pick up an 09 Acadia, but I'm not sure which duration I should choose. Thoughts?
2009 Model Start-Up is listed as June 16th, provided labor disputes don't disrupt that. So the 09s should start hitting dealer lots sometime in July, I would guess.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.