GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered the vehicle on 7/6 and were told it would be built the week of 9/3 (or 9/4 if you figure in Labor Day).

On 8/29 we were told it had been built the previous Monday (8/27) and was scheduled for delivery on 9/4. The salesman said he figured it would come later in the week, due to the aforementioned holiday. :-\

On 8/30 I checked with him and he told me it had shipped that very day. :D

By 1:00 PM today we hadn't heard anything so I called again. He said he would call Detroit and put a trace on it. He called back an hour later with the bad news. Ours had been at the rail head 45 miles away since Sunday, he had received a shipment last night (Wednesday), and ours wasn't on the truck. He said he only gets a shipment once a week, so we resigned ourselves to picking it up a week from Friday since I'll be on the other coast through Thursday. :eek:hno:

The phone rang this evening and it was the salesman again. In a rush he told us they were unloading ours at that moment, they close in 15 minutes, call him tomorrow and schedule our delivery, he's doing three others the same day, goodbye. :blob:

Can you say "roller coaster"? :confused:

Preliminary pics tomorrow night (pre-Zaino) and more to follow. :woot:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Awesome!!! I actually had ordered almost the same vehicle as yours on 8/1/07 - a Carbon Black with Brick SLT2 fully loaded. When I was told it would be about 12 weeks, and longer if I chose to wait for the rear console which I had requested, i decided to find one locally. My other color choice was WD. So, I ended up finding a WD with titanium, fully loaded, that had hit the dealer lot the day before I bought it. It was love at first sight. You are going to love your Acadia. Send PICS!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts