GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost a year of surfing and 6 dealerships, i finally got my hands on a brand new 7 passenger 08 SLT-2 full options Carbon Black Acadia w/o Nav and Sunroof!!!! ;D

I was a bit surprised as i did not expect for it to arrive too soon, my salesguy promised me somewhere between the 2nd week - 3rd week of Feb for the vehicle to arrive. Heres the info:

Mileage: 9 miles
Ordered date: Dec. 29,2007
Build Date: Jan. 11,2008
Date Recieved: Feb. 2,2008
Msrp: $ 41830
Negotiated Price: $38400
Rebates: $500
Conquest: $500
Trade-In: $18,900 (2003 Lexus IS350)
Total Price Paid: $21,930
Savings: $650 below invoice[/color]

Took me just 30mins. to complete the papers plus a tour of the Service dept. and off we went with our brand new Acadia. I still notice the trans tendency to hunt for gears during inclines as well as the buzzing sound after you turn off the car ( which i suspect involes the HID ). Love the HUD option!!! Will look for my vehicle updates regarding recalls/TSBs in the weeks to come but if it aint broke i wont fix it!!!! :thumb:

The only gripes i had was not to make use of the following incentives: :(
Loyalty Rebates: $1000
Auto Show cash: $500 (will take effect 2 weeks from now) [/color]
FYI: Ford dealership already started theirs at $1700

Already ordered some Hexomats at Autoupgrade for the rear carpets and Weathertech ones for the front. The weather here is still snowy. Will do the vehicle break-in starting now!!!! Hope this will be start of more happy driving to come and none of the issues!!!! im crossing both my fingers and toes!!!! ;D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
YIPPEE!! I hope you love yours as much as we love ours!! Let's just hope your wife lets you drive it!! :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GAR said:
YIPPEE!! I hope you love yours as much as we love ours!! Let's just hope your wife lets you drive it!! :)
you got that right!!! its her daily driver but that doesnt mean i cant steal it evry now and then!!! :thumb: ;D

will post some pics when the weather permits!!! ;D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Congrats SioXie!!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
That buzzing is very normal. I never even pay attention to it. As you've read you will also hear a clunk at 7 mph and 21 mph. This is normal also. Enjoy the car and let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the reply guys!!! me and my wife will surely love this car no doubt about it. the on-star features alone is worth it for the safety and security of my wife and kids. A great family vehicle!!!! :thumb:

big bear craig said:
That buzzing is very normal. I never even pay attention to it. As you've read you will also hear a clunk at 7 mph and 21 mph. This is normal also. Enjoy the car and let us know how you like it.
BBC, i cant notice the clunk/thud noise for the ABS self check. I thinks its a good thing!!! Other than the lack of "soft plastics and some gap issues" with the interior, im satisfied with the purchased :thumb: will keep you updated!!! thanks again!!! ;D

·
Registered
20 Posts
SioXie said:
After almost a year of surfing and 6 dealerships, i finally got my hands on a brand new 7 passenger 08 SLT-2 full options Carbon Black Acadia w/o Nav and Sunroof!!!! ;D

I was a bit surprised as i did not expect for it to arrive too soon, my salesguy promised me somewhere between the 2nd week - 3rd week of Feb for the vehicle to arrive. Heres the info:

Mileage: 9 miles
Msrp: $ 41830
Negotiated Price: $38400
Rebates: $500
Conquest: $500
Trade-In: $18,900 (2003 Lexus IS350)
Total Price Paid: $21,930
Savings: $650 below invoice[/color]

Took me just 30mins. to complete the papers plus a tour of the Service dept. and off we went with our brand new Acadia. I still notice the trans tendency to hunt for gears during inclines as well as the buzzing sound after you turn off the car ( which i suspect involes the HID ). Love the HUD option!!! Will look for my vehicle updates regarding recalls/TSBs in the weeks to come but if it aint broke i wont fix it!!!! :thumb:

The only gripes i had was not to make use of the following incentives: :(
Loyalty Rebates: $1000
Auto Show cash: $500 (will take effect 2 weeks from now) [/color]
FYI: Ford dealership already started theirs at $1700

Already ordered some Hexomats at Autoupgrade for the rear carpets and Weathertech ones for the front. The weather here is still snowy. Will do the vehicle break-in starting now!!!! Hope this will be start of more happy driving to come and none of the issues!!!! im crossing both my fingers and toes!!!! ;D
AWD?
what part of the country?
thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
SioXie said:
WOW wish my parents order had moved so well :angryfire:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
zlwheeler said:
SioXie said:
AWD?
what part of the country?
thanks!
Lived here in Dyer,In, love to travel during the winter season hence the decision to go AWD plus the added sense of security that my wife demanded for her vehicle. ;D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congratulations! Hope you enjoy the heck out of it. I'm in Columbus, OH and the weather will be unpredictable for another month or so here, but Spring can't be too far behind. Have a great time and I hope you and your wife find it to be everything you'd hoped for and more. :cheers: Erik

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still looking for that perfect weather to shot some pics but were expecting another winterstorm here as of now. Expecting it to end soon!!!

bonk1313 said:
SioXie said:
WOW wish my parents order had moved so well :angryfire:
caught me by surprise too... it arrived 2 weeks in advance.... :thumb:

·
Registered
533 Posts
SioXie,

Congrats! One day.....one day I too will say "It's Here". But for now, I'll live your excitement vicariously ;)

Hey, take a picture anyway. We can't always have sunny dry days, so just snap a pic with your digital - and use the camera setting called "Real Life", and we'll all enjoy it just as it is!

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
big bear craig said:
SioXie,

So how do you like it? Is it what you were expecting as far as the way it drives and handles?
Love the features, the security of On-Star, drives well for a vehicle of its size (although im still not pushing it after i pass the break-in period) but you can really tell the weight is a major factor in terms of handling. My wife drives it more than i do, shes not complaining except for the poor rear visibility when reversing and the rear view mirror at night. She hates the way the doors behave!!! :eek:hno:

The trans so far is behaving ok, occassionally on inclines it still dumb, abruptly downshifting and upshifting. I will wait till it pass the 3000 miles and play with it and hopefully give more feedback. Will let you know. :thumb:

Racefla said:
What color interior did you get?
i got the brick red interior to compliment the black exterior!!! ;D

will try to post pics tommorow!!! Hang in there SMOOTH!!! ;D

·
Registered
403 Posts
All the cross overs have the less than optimal rear view...you get used to it quick. It's not like a mini van or a car, but even in most cars, it's getting tighter back there.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
big bear craig said:
My wife doesn't like the rear visibility either. Doesn't bother me since I drive a pickup alot. What doesn't she like about the doors?
I know that the design purpose of GM was to make the doors easy to open/close with the minimal effort, but the way it stop halfway then open wide like a springboard make it a pain in close quarters/tight spaces. If your not careful, a scratch is the least of your problem. Were so used in the way a "normal" car doors operates that it may take time for us to adjust. A smooth fluid movement from opening to closing would have been easier. ;D

Cravenfan said:
All the cross overs have the less than optimal rear view...you get used to it quick. It's not like a mini van or a car, but even in most cars, it's getting tighter back there.
Agree!! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts