GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I live in St Louis and we are in the middle of a serious heat wave! Factor in humidity and the heat index is touching 110-115. This was a great test on the ability of this unit to keep us cool.

We drove around in the heat of the day today doing errands for the dogs and kid. We had the rear A/C on the second fan speed and the front A/C on the 3rd Fan speed and it got so cold in the Acadia my wife turned up her temp to 67. We started off each trip on Recirc and then switched it to fresh air after a few minutes.

We have a Liquid Silver SLT with black interior...titanium seats.

Not many SUV/CUV's out there are getting by so easy in the A/C dept!!!

Great Engineering IMO by GMC.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Can you send some of that summer up here to Seattle? I would like to test my AC system too. So much for global warming ???

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with RR. I live near the Houston area and we're getting mid 90's everyday and lots of humidity. I've been very pleased with the quick cool down time even when it sits outside for a few hours.

I did have the windows tinted, not so much for the darkness but for the heat reflection. It does make a difference.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I wish I could say mine worked well but it doesn't. Especially the rear.

Had it to the dealer a few weeks ago and they said on the repair ticket "normal operation, no repair. The rear AC can be up to 30 degrees warmer than the front". I did a little experiment yesterday and the front blows at 45-50F on recirc and the rear only blows 75-80F, virtually no cooling at all. Sounds like others have had this problem too and gotten the expansion valve replaced.

Based on the dealer's comment, I've decided they are idiots and will go find another dealer to get it fixed. (They also made two or three other things worse than when I brought it in.) Just waiting for the new transmission update and I'll bring it in again.

·
Registered
148 Posts
have driven through the Mojave Desert 2 times this summer both times temp up to 116 and it's the same for me. Passenger had to turn his AC to like 70 cause it was too cold, o and this is with the sunroof shades and the sun directly overhead.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes...I have the dual sun roof package. Both shades were closed yesterday...the sun was blazing hot...I am very impressed with how this synthetic material GM developed for our sun shades works. Even though they are a dark color and you would think they would be absorbing heat...they do a fantastic job of keeping the heat away from the passengers. :blob:

I did not add any aftermarket tinting to my windows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts