1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 08 custom ordered Acadia! SLT-1
With: Bose, reverse sensors, sunroof, remote start, pwr liftgate, HUD
Without: nav, HID, hitch, awd!
Upgrades since: tinted front windows to match, VR3 reverse cam, autoupgrade mats

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
Congratulations !!! Mine is due on the last week of Feb.

can you pls. show us the pics of the VR3 reverse cam.... ;D

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
How come you ordered an SLT1 and put some many options on it. Is there a particular reason you didn't order the SLT2 with the same extra options?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try to get some pics of the VR3 cam here soon...it was a lil nerve wrenching because I drilled a hole in the liftgate for the wires to reach the reverse light that I spliced into.

On the why SLT-1:

We couldn't find what we wanted when looking; we either found low-end units with nothing...or high-end units with items we wouldn't use and didn't want to pay for such as the nav/dvd player/awd/hitch. We already have a duramax we use to travel that covers all that. So the dealer offered to order us one and we haggled on that.

I determined the only thing I was missing out on by ordering SLT-1 and not SLT-2 is not being able to power fold my mirrors like I do in my old Avalanche. Also I could not upgrade to HID on SLT-1. The additional pwr seating and window options wasn't enought to add 2K to the bottom line (2k because I would have added HID also if getting SLT2). Additionally I would have wanted the reverse cam nav radio...now its $5K higher!

Anyways, I worked it to $34,784.24 + ttl. minus carcraft mabobber discount and some gm card dollars.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Cool , It looks nice! Congrats

·
Registered
812 Posts
Thats a great price, no wonder you grab it.... :thumb:

and you can just add options/upgrade later that you see fit especially when aftermarket dealers start making cool stuff for the Acadia... ;D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's those VR3 pics. this is a newer model than the one I have for my truck; and wireless transmitter too. My wife keeps the monitor hidden in the cubby and pulls it out only when she needs it. It will actually just stay above the gear; not hanging down like in the picture. Also she has it plugged into the acc plug in that is under the storage tray.

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
Thanks JOENICKERS!!! ;D is this a dealer installed option? and is it absolutely wireless? can you post pics of the monitor when engage in reverse. I would have opted to have a rearview cam as an option for the Acadia for my wife but did not love the Nav system. This would be a quick solution. :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I installed myself; similiar to how bonk1313 did on his thread. I will try to get a pic here posted of it how it looks in reverse. Anyways, no far no issues with the car; my wife loves it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
joenickers said:
No, I installed myself; similiar to how bonk1313 did on his thread. I will try to get a pic here posted of it how it looks in reverse. Anyways, no far no issues with the car; my wife loves it.
:thumb: a million thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
where did you buy your VR3,hw much? its great!! :cheers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bought the vR3 at PEP BOYS $79 - a $20 mail in rebate. I tried to find that 1 inch bigger costco camera but they don't carry it here in ALBuquerque; anyways glad I didn't get that one since its not too adjustable and would not have fit in the cubby.

-late!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Very nice! I like the green bow! :thumb:

What colour is that white? Is that the WDT?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Summit White that green bow caused a few scratches I had to wax out. ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts