GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually ordered and received something from Coastal E Tech?????
I placed order on 3/10 and was sent tracking # on 3/11 My credit card was billed.
I havent yet received my order. Calls to Coastal E Tech go unreturned (they have an answering service) and Emails to their "Customer service" also have not been answered.

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS RECEIVED SOMETHING ORDERED FROM THEM????

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've tried to warn Lambda owners about this vendor. I had a lot of issues with them. Customer/Tech support doesn't exist. The one time I reached them I spoke with an ill-manner woman apparently standing in her kitchen. Good luck.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I received both of my products from ETech promptly (GMX, IPOD Lockpick)...

They, ah...just don't want to hear about problems...I'm still waiting for my IPOD Lockpick refund...I might have it, gotta wait for the next cc bill...but not as prompt as my BT returns (that occurred at same time).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jake_99 said:
I received both of my products from ETech promptly (GMX, IPOD Lockpick)...

They, ah...just don't want to hear about problems...I'm still waiting for my IPOD Lockpick refund...I might have it, gotta wait for the next cc bill...but not as prompt as my BT returns (that occurred at same time).
Refund?!?!?!

I tried to get a refund on a product I returned to them. After several months and intervention by BoA, I finally received a credit on my account. I think BoA gave up and just credited the amount to my card.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just wondering if any of you have had a chance to fill out something at the BBB about them yet. This isn't the first time I have heard of issues with them and that kind of stuff needs to be documented. Especially when getting in touch with a real person seems shady. I would do it myself but have not purchased from them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm sorry for your problems. I rec'd my product quickly and finally got it installed over the weekend. I did have some problems contacting Kelly, but even when I left messages, I got calls back from others in Customer Service (in a day or two).

Did you get a tracking number for UPS/FedEx? What does it show?

(I am not in any way associated with Coastal, I merely put together the Coupon Code.)

I am going to be calling them again tomorrow. PM me with your contact info and I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I called last week and spoke to a person, it was a lady and she answered the phone promptly. I asked her a couple questions regarding the Gen 4 Lockpick and she answered them. I ordered online, used a coupon code and received a tracking number the same day. I received my product two days later.

I installed the unit this past Friday and it just works, suprisingly from other problems I have heard.

Scott R
-------------------
2007 SLT-2 White

·
Registered
73 Posts
I thought I'd send Coastal Etech a link for this subject and maybe it would prod them to improve their service. There is no phone number or e-mail address on their web site (correct me if I'm wrong). I would be very cautious ordering anything from such a seller. It ought to be a red-flag.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am speaking with Kelley at Coastal RIGHT NOW. 800-507-2234, email [email protected].

Again, I can repeat what everyone else is saying - not perfect, but either they answer or they get back to me in a day or two.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I suppose you should consider yourself luck. When I needed technical support and again when I tried to get a product refund, I recall e-mailing and calling several times with no contact or call back. My calls would go to an answering service, unaffiliated with Coastal. I kept the e-mails for the credit dispute I filed with BoA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered a Gen 4 from Coastal E-Tech for my 07 SLT-2. I used the chevyfan code and paid 199.00 Item arrived in less than a week and it's installed and working fine. No problems to report here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts