GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I consider myself pretty savy with electronics installation as I used to compete in car stereo competions. But I purchased an isimple IPOD adaptor and it seams pretty simple. You just unplug the two black connectors on the back of the radio, plug them into the harness of the isimple unit and plut the two male plugs of the harness into the radio. The Ipod cable plugs into the isimple unit. According the directions all you have to do is go into XM, back out and back into xm to access the Ipod. I have an '08 acadia with nav & XM, but all I get when I select XM is the display of XM1 and busy. What did anybody else have to do to make the isimple work?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone using that product, but the other product that people have used actually plugs into the XM module in the rear of the vehicle. Someone else may be able to give you the product they have used.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Guess it is not as isimple as it may iseem. :)

I've never heard of it either... I know the Scosche will work on the 08 (not the 09), and the lockpick will work on the 08. Does the place you got it from advise on any compatibility with the Acadia/Enclave/Outlook?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I've never heard of it either... I know the Scosche will work on the 08 (not the 09), and the lockpick will work on the 08. Does the place you got it from advise on any compatibility with the Acadia/Enclave/Outlook?
Yes, I found it online, and picked it up at best buy. I email the company and got it to connect to the IPOD, but it doesn't let me browse the way it shows and doesn't show title, artist, etc.... I'll have to reply to their response tomorrow. You do get to keep XM with this product and you get an additional set of inputs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It works perfect now, it must have just needed to cycle on and off a bunch of times for a day or so.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Maybe it was made by Microsoft or uses the Windows Vista operating system. :p

Glad to hear it is now working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts