GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 GMC Acadia. I've noticed that when I turn it on and I take off right when I hit around 18 mph something thumps from the engine. It does it like 7 times all within 3 seconds, and you could feel it too. Sometimes it's quiet but sometimes it's loud. The same exact sound everytime it does it. It wont do it again unless I turn off the vehicle and start it again. Is this something normal or ???. Any ideas would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The transmission does a calibration that will "thump" or make noise at about 20 mph. It may be normal but you might want to have your dealer look at it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's the air bags... atleast that's what I've read here and other places. Some sort of calibration thing. There is apparently some something the dealer can do to make it "not so loud". I've just gotten used to it...

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
mark366160 said:
It's the air bags... atleast that's what I've read here and other places.  Some sort of calibration thing.  There is apparently some something the dealer can do to make it "not so loud".  I've just gotten used to it...
I think you meant .. ABS - antilock braking system.
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2828.msg42229#msg42229

I am not sure that is what the problem is, but as GAR said I would have it looked at by the dealer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive taken it to the dealer. and they told me that they cant hear the noise. and if its something that it does normally. well i guess i have to get used to it. and im relly picky about little noises. specially after paying $30 grand.

thankx for your answers.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Warhead, you might want to take to another dealer if you can. There are poor sevice depts and good one's. When I have warrnaty work done, If I have warranty work done, I stay at the dealer. Fortunately there is a dealer 2 miles from where I work and have evening hours 3 days a week.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
warhead2002 said:
ive taken it to the dealer. and they told me that they cant hear the noise. and if its something that it does normally. well i guess i have to get used to it. and im relly picky about little noises. specially after paying $30 grand.

thankx for your answers.
If they can't hear it, how do they know that it is normal :sosad: :sosad:

Take it to another dealer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i take it to a dealer thats 1 mile from me. i am going to take it to the one i bought it from. its quite a bit far but ill see what they tell me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts