GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.. I read the owner's manual on this feature that is in my new 2022 Acadia, but it didn't answer my question.. both GMC Support and my dealership couldn't provide a clear answer, either...

My 2022 Acadia SLE is equipped with Lane Change Alert w/Side Blind Zone Alert. When I'm on driving on the highway and another vehicle is passing me, the system works as it should... the indicator light on my side-view mirror illuminates.

However, if I am the vehicle initiating the pass, the light does not illuminate, even when the other vehicle that I'm passing is in my blind zone.

Is this by design? Is the system only detecting vehicles approaching me, and not vice-versa? I will emphasize that when another vehicle passes me, the system works great.

Thanks in advance for the clarification/responses. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Many of those alert systems change based on what is sensed from driver input to the system, i.e. steering input, acceleration, direction of travel, etc. Could be why you notice the difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many of those alert systems change based on what is sensed from driver input to the system, i.e. steering input, acceleration, direction of travel, etc. Could be why you notice the difference.
Thanks... this is what I had suspected. I have heavy foot when passing other vehicles, so I'm thinking it's not illuminating because the other vehicle is not in my rear blind spot long enough for the system to detect it.

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Thanks... this is what I had suspected. I have heavy foot when passing other vehicles, so I'm thinking it's not illuminating because the other vehicle is not in my rear blind spot long enough for the system to detect it.
I think some explanation is given in the owners manual, maybe in a caveat box. I know there is with the LCA system - it will momentarily turn itself off with driver input to the steering wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts