GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2008 GMC Acadia, I was sitting at a light waiting to turn, car was in drive and it started shaking. when the light changed i tried to go and it was extremely sluggish and would not go hardly at all then died. It started right up but when i put it into drive it started shaking and was extremely sluggish. during this the traction sensor on the dash board lit up. I managed to get it to the side of the road and had it towed home. just went out to see if it would go in reverse and it wont even start, all im getting is a grinding noise.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
What year, how many miles?

You need to have it scanned for trouble codes.

The fact that it will not start would lead me more towards an engine issue instead of a transmission issue.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 2008 GMC Acadia, I was sitting at a light waiting to turn, car was in drive and it started shaking. when the light changed i tried to go and it was extremely sluggish and would not go hardly at all then died. It started right up but when i put it into drive it started shaking and was extremely sluggish. during this the traction sensor on the dash board lit up. I managed to get it to the side of the road and had it towed home. just went out to see if it would go in reverse and it wont even start, all im getting is a grinding noise.

The early year of Acadia 3.6 engine, a same engine used in many other GM models including Cadillac had several problems. From timing chain stretch, oil consumption, bad valve seal. If I were you, I would check all spark plugs. If Check Engine Light CEL on, go to Autozone to get free scan check or you can buy one online. Scan tool is considered cheap nowadays. My 2007 Acadia once had rough idle when start in the morning and sometime at the traffic stop. It has consume around 1/2 qrt oil for each 3k miles. I found oil in the air in tube as well as on spark plugs threads. I replaced two oil catch cans, one on the back orifice (pcv breather) and one in front, to catch oil getting into air in-tube and top engine. This oil catch cans help reducing carbon deposit by oil. Apply a bottle of Techron or Gumout total feul system cleaner once a year. Take out the throttle body and clean it. After you put TB back, relearn by disconnect the battery cable for 5-10 minutes then turn the key on without engine running for one minute and turn off and start the engine. All of these procedures has kept my 2007 Acadia still operating smoothly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts