GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
It sure is -- I bought this deal last week. It's sitting in the garage just waiting for the time to change the oil. The deal saves you $17.90. I buy an extra quart every 2nd change so that I'll have the 1/2 quart needed to top off the oil level.

·
Registered
428 Posts
That is definantly a good deal, although most vehicles now-a-days use 6 quarts instead of 5.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you're a member of Costco, you can pick up a case (6 - 1 qt bottles) of Mobil 1 Super Syn 5W-30 for $29.00. Although, you don't get a filter.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I get 5 quarts at the local wal-mart for $20 so I wouldn't buy it, but may be more where you live.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Youre right 5 quarts is about 20 bucks at walmart, but the Mobil 1 filter is another 10 bucks. So it is a good deal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check at your local Checker Auto Parts store. Here in Montana they are selling Valvoline Full Synthetic 5W-30 for 3.99 per quart or $23.94 for a case with a mail-in rebate of $15 per case. That's $8.94 per case net. Limit of 2 cases per refund. Just finished putting mine up on the shelf. :blob: :blob:

·
Registered
294 Posts
RAYS said:
Check at your local Checker Auto Parts store. Here in Montana they are selling Valvoline Full Synthetic 5W-30 for 3.99 per quart or $23.94 for a case with a mail-in rebate of $15 per case. That's $8.94 per case net. Limit of 2 cases per refund. Just finished putting mine up on the shelf. :blob: :blob:

That is a great buy, however, there are no Checker, Kragens, or Shuacks Auto Stores in my area. I did shop there while I lived in Salt Lake City.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
As far as I have read up until 2005, Mobil 1 "Full Synthetic" is the only synthetic that is a TRUE PAO oil. I would prefer using the best with Amsoil close second in all test results of synthetics in my readings. I just prefer the best for my engines as preference, of coarse. I go to Sears for full change every 10-12K at todays price of $54.86 including tax.

·
Registered
487 Posts
dfrank78 said:
Youre right 5 quarts is about 20 bucks at walmart, but the Mobil 1 filter is another 10 bucks. So it is a good deal
I didn't notice the filter in the add. :banghead: :banghead:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts