GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '08 Acadia (19" Goodyears) developed a vibration, so I took it to my regular tire dealer for a rotate and balance. The vibration was still there, so fearing the problem was something worse than an out-of-balance tire, I took it to the dealer. The dealer said the tire was balanced "wrong", stating something about "stacked weights". Does this sound reasonable? At any rate, at least the dealer's balance job cured the vibration. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I'm no expert here, but I've never seen the type of weights used to balance these wheels stacked. They are always laid end to end along the wheel. What your dealer said makes sense to me.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yes you can do it wrong and stacking them is definetely wrong. The weights should always be end to end with the center of the weight being the point that the balancer said to put the weight.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I recommend working through a good front end shop who gets their tires from Tire Rack. These independent front end shops are experts in mounting and balancing plus will probably pay less too. One of the 2 front end shops in our town claims they can balance within grams if you want to pay for it. They are in the racing business too. You get personal service and people who care what they do. Guess I'm lucky for replacement tires, mounting and balancing in our area for many years.

If you have balancing problems, pay extra and take to front end shop to have done right with lasting results. They can also determine if the tire is out of round.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts