GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I wonder if the model of 2008 has a power button to strat up the engine or a regular switch like the 2007 model???

thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Regular switch, but it still has remote start, which is the next best thing.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I am assuming you mean a key - the ignition is started by a key only. There is a button on the remote if you get the "remote start" accessory.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Anyone familiar with how the 'button' start ignition works?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Vehicles that have this option require you to keep a key fob/key in your pocket (or somewhere in the vehicle) there is a reader built into the vehicle that can detect when the FOB is within vicinity of the cabin, all you have to do is hit the "Start" button to turn the car on.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wonder if you were standing just outside of the car with your key fob in your pocket and someone started the car and drove away what would happen. Would the car stop or could you drive it until you turned it off and just couldn't start it again. I like the idea of the push button but without needing to put an actual key in the ignition I would probaly lose the key fob more easily.

Just my random thoughts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Jello said:
I wonder if you were standing just outside of the car with your key fob in your pocket and someone started the car and drove away what would happen. Would the car stop or could you drive it until you turned it off and just couldn't start it again. I like the idea of the push button but without needing to put an actual key in the ignition I would probaly lose the key fob more easily.

Just my random thoughts
My parents just bought an 07 Altima a month ago. The fob needs to be with you to start the car, but you can drive
the car and shut if off without the fob. We were warned by the dealer not to drive off without the fob, as you would
be fine till you shut the car off. After that, if you don't have the fob with you, you won't be able to restart the car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
On the Altima you also need to depress the brake pedal fully before the button will work, making it difficult for anyone not in the driver's seat to start it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I rented an Altima, and didn't care for the remote fob and button start. Seemed like a gimmick, with no useful purpose that I could fathom, and the liklihood of misplacing the fob struck me as a weak point. Hated the CVT, but it did get the most out of the four-banger, it spooled up quickly for passing, etcetera, just seemed like it was slipping all the time. I drove it hard for four days, with no thought about gas mileage, and still got 30 mpg, according to the vehicle's display. Pretty nice car, all in all, but with typical Nissan quality niggles. It only had 3K miles on it, and the flimsy console latch (plastic) had already snapped, so the lid flew up every time I raised my elbow.

·
Registered
812 Posts
that would be a nice addition and a more artful keyfob rather than the traditional one. i like the one that Mazda/Mercedes is offering with the same function as the Nissan only thats its less than 3mm thick and about the size of your credit card :thumb:. Fits perfectly in your wallet so no hassle of losing it... except if you loss your wallet!! :help: lost wallet = lost car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts