GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hope all of you are well, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Have Blue has a new OLDER brother effective last night. I've looked forever for an old Caddy,
found my baby and its home. Needs a bit of restoration, I need a Cadillac forum as good as this one for Acadia's. Any direction is greatly appreciated. Here's a pic, 1970 Fleetwood Brougham, its its own area code....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I'm now on the Cadillac/LaSalle forum. Lots of folks who have restored cars just like mine.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Any public parking spaces in Cape Cod big enough for one of those? :)

Of course you can probably park the Acadia in the trunk.

So tell us car guys more. What kind of condition is it in?

Have fun with it.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any public parking spaces in Cape Cod big enough for one of those? :)

Of course you can probably park the Acadia in the trunk.

So tell us car guys more. What kind of condition is it in?

Have fun with it.
Plenty of parking here, we have a small airport, LOL!
Its in 'fair' condition, a real survivor. Drives like a DREAM.
Had some work done on it today, now its wrapped up for the rest of the winter.
We'll be in the Hyannis Father's Day car show, I looked at World Of Wheels too but
it won't be painted/new roof by then. I'll be leaving the interior alone. Fun car.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Plenty of parking here, we have a small airport, LOL!
Its in 'fair' condition, a real survivor. Drives like a DREAM.
Had some work done on it today, now its wrapped up for the rest of the winter.
We'll be in the Hyannis Father's Day car show, I looked at World Of Wheels too but
it won't be painted/new roof by then. I'll be leaving the interior alone. Fun car.
How many miles on it? Is that the original color? I don't remember that color from 1970. Do all the power dodads still work. How many miles? How much of the dreaded rust?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1970 Fleetwood Brougham, condition "fair", I think its "good" for 47. I didn't look that good at 47 but I digress.
96K on her, color is "Lucerne Aqua", Dumbarton upholstery looks good for its age, true survivor. All the doodads work though some more slowly than others. Has some body cancer under a bad paint job, it will be repainted properly in the spring and get a new vinyl roof. I can't find the RPO codes so I'll have to rely on GMHeritage to find me some info using its VIN. All buttoned up for the winter under moving blankets and a tarp that could cover my house with moth balls, damp rids and Gain fabric softner sheets everywhere from the trunk to the air intake. Rides like a dream. I'll be putting polyglass tires back on and replace the weather stripping and do some interior and chrome work myself. And it needs an 'original' steering wheel. Already entered in the Father's Day car show in Hyannis, World Of Wheels maybe next year, hoping to do several Bass Pro Shop and CLC 'drive ins' this summer, fun car. I'm so blessed!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
As I recall, back in those days cars did not come with fancy stickers listing the RPO codes.

You could look for the build sheet. Usually they were found under the rear seat or on top the gas tank but could also be found under the front seat or on the back of the rear seat.

Enjoy

·
Super Moderator
18,796 Posts
As I recall, back in those days cars did not come with fancy stickers listing the RPO codes.

You could look for the build sheet. ...
Major options (color, body style, etc.) were stamped onto a metal plate and riveted somewhere near the firewall. A good VIN decoder will probably have all the other build info.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I was reading this thread again this morning. I guess this is a nostalgic morning for me as the mention of LaSalle really takes me back.

Before WWII my Dad and a partner had a full service garage. They had a LaSalle converted to a wrecker for towing wrecks. When WWII broke out they closed the garage and went to Pope AFB to work. That LaSalle wrecker sat in our backyard for some time before it found a new home. It was fun to climb on when I was little.

George

1 - 13 of 13 Posts