GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, the flip-down screen is quite a bit cheaper then the headrests.

·
Registered
24 Posts
By rear DVD I assume you are referring to the overhead DVD system. If this is the case, then yes...the overhead DVD system is cheaper than the headrest DVD system. I believe the overhead retails for $1250 and the headrest retails for $1850. Keep in mind, the overhead system does block some of your rear view when the screen is in use, and, depending on the ages of your children (and if you have more than 1) fights sometimes ensue when deciding which DVD will be watched. No such issues with the headrest system. About the only negative (other than the price differential) that exists with the headrest system is the audio is played through the radio via FM transmission. Not the greatest solution, however, it falls within acceptable listening margins.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
dragonjo8 said:
About the only negative (other than the price differential) that exists with the headrest system is the audio is played through the radio via FM transmission. Not the greatest solution, however, it falls within acceptable listening margins.
Doesn't it come with headsets?

·
Registered
164 Posts
dragonjo8 said:
By rear DVD I assume you are referring to the overhead DVD system. If this is the case, then yes...the overhead DVD system is cheaper than the headrest DVD system. I believe the overhead retails for $1250 and the headrest retails for $1850. Keep in mind, the overhead system does block some of your rear view when the screen is in use, and, depending on the ages of your children (and if you have more than 1) fights sometimes ensue when deciding which DVD will be watched. No such issues with the headrest system. About the only negative (other than the price differential) that exists with the headrest system is the audio is played through the radio via FM transmission. Not the greatest solution, however, it falls within acceptable listening margins.
Depends on how you sit, how the rear view mirror adjusted and if the screen is vertical or opened all the way toward the front of the vehicle. I only "lose" 1/6 of the viewing area in my rear view mirror.
As far as the kids, lay down rules. No agreement, then away goes the screen. And since it is loaded up front, more control is given to the driver. I can swap out a disc and my five year old daughter let's me know when I have to "hit the button" to start or restart a movie.
I worry if the head rest screens allow too much exposure to little curious fingers that like to poke at at things.
The FM transmision can be an iffy option if you live near strong FM transmitting stations. I had an inline FM transmision system (sound was wired/transmitted directly through the antenna connection to the radio) that suffered from the broadcasting station's powerful transmitter and therefore had some music bleed through. I still had the option of chossing from several FM bands, but the bleed through covered many of the channels. I wonder if the headrest monitors have a FM transmsitter or inline FM system.

·
Registered
24 Posts
bonk1313 said:
dragonjo8 said:
About the only negative (other than the price differential) that exists with the headrest system is the audio is played through the radio via FM transmission. Not the greatest solution, however, it falls within acceptable listening margins.
Doesn't it come with headsets?
Yes...headsets (2) do come with the headrest system, however, sometimes it's nice to play the audio through the car's speakers, especially, on long trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts