GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few spots on my front windshield that I can't seem to remove.

I found a glass polish at http://www.griotsgarage.com/ that promises to remove the spots.

The catch is that it is for "UNCOATED"[/color] glass only.

I contacted Griot and their reply was:

Some manufacturers apply a UV prevention coating to the outside of the windshield. This is what we refer to when we say "coated glass." Typically this will show up as a blue or gold tint to glass. Please verify with your dealer whether your glass is coated, as we do not have that information[/color]

So, does any one know for sure if the front windshield is "UNCOATED"[/color] glass? I don't see any blue or gold tint to the glass.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I'd love to hear the answers on this one :help:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'm actually getting mine replaced this morning. I'll ask and get back with you tonight, unless some one else has the answer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mckcab said:
I'm actually getting mine replaced this morning. I'll ask and get back with you tonight, unless some one else has the answer.
mckcab,

Can I ask why you are getting your windshield replaced? Is it because of spots on the front windshield?

Thanks for the offer to ask the question when you see the windshield replacin' guys!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I had a piece of crap from Ike hit the edge of my windshield. It hit where I couldn't see it. Went to watch daughter ride her horse, came back and had a crack across the entire passenger side.

I did ask. The windshields are not "coated". He said that some places will put RainX on them (he said Jiffy Lube was notorious for that) but they are not coated from the manufacturer.

NOTE: The guy did say, if you do apply RainX, it is VERY hard to fix rock chips. Something about the adhesive not sticking right. One of the women that worked there said that RainX works great, but she had that problem. One of the men spent over an hour trying for her and it never did work.

PS- My glass ended up being $650- it was not from the dealer, it would have taken around a month to get the glass in. It is from the original maker of the glass. There is something different about it, but I just can't put my finger on it.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mckcab said:
I had a piece of crap from Ike hit the edge of my windshield. It hit where I couldn't see it. Went to watch daughter ride her horse, came back and had a crack across the entire passenger side.

I did ask. The windshields are not "coated". He said that some places will put RainX on them (he said Jiffy Lube was notorious for that) but they are not coated from the manufacturer.

NOTE: The guy did say, if you do apply RainX, it is VERY hard to fix rock chips. Something about the adhesive not sticking right. One of the women that worked there said that RainX works great, but she had that problem. One of the men spent over an hour trying for her and it never did work.

PS- My glass ended up being $650- it was not from the dealer, it would have taken around a month to get the glass in. It is from the original maker of the glass. There is something different about it, but I just can't put my finger on it.[/color]
It's clean? :poke:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Maybe that's it ;D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
OK, maybe I am crazy, it has only been one day since my new windshield and maybe the large crack has distorted my thinking, but does the center of the windshield have a black triangle that comes up from the hood? I have the one that comes down to the rear view mirror, but I just can't remember if one comes up. My husband says he thinks something is different as well. It's really no big deal, but it's just bugging me. It could just be the crack since it was HUGE! :bootyshake: No crack jokes please ;D

·
Super Moderator
22,420 Posts
mckcab said:
NOTE: The guy did say, if you do apply RainX, it is VERY hard.....not sticking right. One of the women that worked there said that RainX works great, but she had that problem. One of the men spent over an hour trying for her and it never did work.
Tell me, wouldn't Uncle John's Sex Wax work better?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts