GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I have just decided on an Acadia and I'm so excited!! I asked my dealer when the cut off for ordering an 08 was, he called and said I had a few more weeks, but I needed to do so as soon as possible. (This was last week.) I just read on these boards that the cut off was April 4th. Now I'm nervous that the dealer gave me the wrong information. I wanted to sell my current car before getting a new one and I just sold it! YEA BUT, I can't wait to oder an 09 because I can't go that long without a vehicle, plus I keep my cars for a long time (8 or 9 years) and I don't want to pay the extra for an 09. :eek:hno: Does anyone know for sure when the cut off is/was???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Chances are pretty good that they will be able to "find" you an 08 that has the options that you want. It might not be built special for you, but unless you are wanting some really strange options there is a good chance the vehicle you want is on a dealer's lot somewhere. You dealer can search inventory of other local dealers and find what you want. So you might even be able to get it ASAP vs having to wait like 6-8 weeks for them to build one, which is what you would have to do if you ordered a brand new 08, assuming you could order one, which you can't. Order banks open up for the 09's on 4/17.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
It's also possible that, although the deadline has passed, your dealer still has some '08 allocations from GM that are early enough in the process that they can still be modified to your options. You should be moving on this tomorrow if you are serious about ordering an '08. I was in your position one year ago today trying to get an '07 ordered - check my signature to see what I ended up with.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
just ordered an 08 this past Saturday. They said we had till the end of the month to place the order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! I'm going tomorrow to try and order. I really want to order instead of finding one on the lot. I have searched the GMC inventory and can't find exactly what I want anywhere near. I know I'm picky, but when you only get a new car once every 8 or 9 years, I want it to be exactly what I want. :) Plus our local dealership is giving a very good deal on ordering or buying off of our local lot, but if he has to get one from another dealer it won't be such a good deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
you should get a better deal by ordering, the dealership has no transfer cost, or handling cost. They are basically making their profit right off the order with the car not having to sit on the lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I did it! I ordered my new ACADIA today :blob: I'm so excited !! The dealer said it would be here in 6-8 weeks, even though it could be sooner. I finally decided on White Diamond. I was going back and forth between that and silver. Thanks to everyone on these boards! I learned so much and felt very prepared when talking with the dealer. Actually, I think I may have known more than he did. LOL!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
Hurray!!! and Congratulations!! Let us know when it comes in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Great! A WDT beauty, right under the wire to be last of the '08s :thumb:

And just to clear something up, just because you can't find a match on the iffy GMC site yourself, dealers have the perfect system to search for specific vehicles in a few seconds--Dealerworld. Select model, options, colors, etc. and see what matches that, unlike the websites.

When buying a Malibu in January, our dealer suggested the idea of ordering a car but still in the meantime seeing what they could get via a locate/swap that matched, even before then. If we found something, great, and it would be more instant--and the ordered car would just go to their lot. If not, well, the perfect ordered car would be in. As luck would have it, the order was entered on a Tuesday, and 12 hours later a swap was made possible, and we did that instead. Just to clear things up :thumb:

It is true, still, that most can "do better" with pricing on orders because they don't have to pay any lot costs, interest, etc. on it, just order, receive it, and out you go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am SO hoping that I don't have anything to worry about with the factory worker thing. It has taken me so long to finally decide what I wanted, and now, a day after I order, they walk out. :eek:hno: Does anyone think the 'walk out' is going to stop production or will it slow it up? I'm just hoping that they get this resolved quickly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
it might slow down a bit but ive seen an increase in dealers inventories in my area with regards to the Acadia. BE patient, youll find yours one of these days although having it built-to-order is the way to go. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
loach said:
It's also possible that, although the deadline has passed, your dealer still has some '08 allocations from GM that are early enough in the process that they can still be modified to your options. You should be moving on this tomorrow if you are serious about ordering an '08. I was in your position one year ago today trying to get an '07 ordered - check my signature to see what I ended up with.....
Hey loach, my wife and I are going back and forth on deciding to grab an 08 very soon or order an 09. We have a family trip to Colorado coming up in the middle of July and are not sure if an ordered 09 would be ready in time. Reason I ask you specifically is I saw your signature and delivery date and think you were one of the very first to order an 08. What was the exact date ordered yours (if you remember off the top of your head)?

Thanks!

Update: I just reread your post and saw the "one year ago today"...so sounds like you already answered that question. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
JonTon said:
Hey loach, my wife and I are going back and forth on deciding to grab an 08 very soon or order an 09. We have a family trip to Colorado coming up in the middle of July and are not sure if an ordered 09 would be ready in time. Reason I ask you specifically is I saw your signature and delivery date and think you were one of the very first to order an 08. What was the exact date ordered yours (if you remember off the top of your head)?

Thanks!

Update: I just reread your post and saw the "one year ago today"...so sounds like you already answered that question. ;D
Yes, I originally tried to order an '07 in early April '07, but the dealer called a few weeks later to let my know that my order was not picked up. They then resubmit my order as an '08 and I think I did get one of the first '08s. The situation is different this year with Acadia production shut down due to the strike at the Delta Township plant. If you really want an Acadia for a mid-July trip, I think your best best is to buy an '08 off the lot. Anything else will be a roll of the dice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
loach said:
JonTon said:
Hey loach, my wife and I are going back and forth on deciding to grab an 08 very soon or order an 09. We have a family trip to Colorado coming up in the middle of July and are not sure if an ordered 09 would be ready in time. Reason I ask you specifically is I saw your signature and delivery date and think you were one of the very first to order an 08. What was the exact date ordered yours (if you remember off the top of your head)?

Thanks!

Update: I just reread your post and saw the "one year ago today"...so sounds like you already answered that question. ;D
Yes, I originally tried to order an '07 in early April '07, but the dealer called a few weeks later to let my know that my order was not picked up. They then resubmit my order as an '08 and I think I did get one of the first '08s. The situation is different this year with Acadia production shut down due to the strike at the Delta Township plant. If you really want an Acadia for a mid-July trip, I think your best best is to buy an '08 off the lot. Anything else will be a roll of the dice.
I'm afraid you may be right. :( I'm thinking of pressing ahead with an order of an '09 and then if it is looking like it won't be ready in time, grab an off-the-lot '08 to purchase. I don't think i would be bound by the dealership to buy the '09 that would eventually arrive, do you?

Really want the integrated blue tooth and would prefer to skip the NAV and still have integrated back up camera too. Not to mention the cooled seats down here in Houston...

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer and he said they are not accepting orders for an 08 anymore, so my order 2 weeks ago got scratched. This sucks now, I have to either wait and see if an 09 will be produce anytime soon or find an 08 somewhere else.

Fustrating!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
antney said:
Just got a call from my dealer and he said they are not accepting orders for an 08 anymore, so my order 2 weeks ago got scratched. This sucks now, I have to either wait and see if an 09 will be produce anytime soon or find an 08 somewhere else.

Fustrating!!!!!
Did your dealer happen to give you any indication of if your current order was going to be automatically converted to an '09 order? Or give you any indication of how soon an order can be placed for an '09?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
We changed my order to an 09. No dates or more information was available. My dealer said they did not know the prices as of yet. I should probably know by the end of this week or begining of next. I will let you know the more I know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
JonTon said:
I'm afraid you may be right. :( I'm thinking of pressing ahead with an order of an '09 and then if it is looking like it won't be ready in time, grab an off-the-lot '08 to purchase. I don't think i would be bound by the dealership to buy the '09 that would eventually arrive, do you?

Really want the integrated blue tooth and would prefer to skip the NAV and still have integrated back up camera too. Not to mention the cooled seats down here in Houston...

Thanks.
I think it depends on the dealer. My dealer didn't even ask me for a deposit, and I know they would have had no trouble selling my unit if I didn't follow through on the purchase. I think as long as you don't order some oddball combination of options, most dealers would let you out of the order - especially if you end up buying the '08 from them. If you are going to go this route, I'd be very upfront with your dealer about your intent to cancel if it doesn't come in by your drop-dead date.

But if I were you, I'd just order the '09 and stick with it. Just rent a vehicle if it doesn't arrive in time for your trip. The trip will last what? A week or two? But your relationship with your new Acadia will last much longer, so you should get what you want IMHO.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top